• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmmm, my stock rear bumpstops are 1/2" longer than the daystar extended ones....

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally went out and bought some extended bumpstops 'cause I'm tired of tearing up my tires on sheetmetal. When the rear ones got here I was a little concerned at how short they are, so I opened them up and took one out to the Jeep. Low and behold the stock one is 1/2" longer than the daystar one. Now the question is, will the rubber stock one compress significantly more than the poly daystar one, or do I just leave the stock ones in there and figure something out on the axle end of things? The fronts are significantly longer than the stock ones and I will be installing them with the long arms and new springs. Thanks

Ary

BTW, My jeep's a 2001 with Up-Country and Tow-package for those looking for some JY extended bumpstops....

Re: Hmmm, my stock rear bumpstops are 1/2" longer than the daystar extended ones....

The factory offered four different rear bumpstop heights, and the Up Country models got the longest. I have the numbers written down somewhere, but can't find them at the moment.

Get some 1" square tube and just cut spacers to fit between your bump stop flanges and the frame.

Re: Hmmm, my stock rear bumpstops are 1/2" longer than the daystar extended ones....

What Eagle said.....

use 1x2 boxed tubing between the frame and bumpstop to drop them an inch, 2x2 to drop them 2", etc.......very simple.

That crossed my mind as a possible solution, but I'm still wondering which ones I should run...poly or rubber....

DPG's adjustable bumpstop work great. They also saved my bacon this weekend, when I had a lift block break :explosion . We used the adjustable plates as a block, to get it home. I just got a set of RE 4.5" springs. I had the blocks on there for about 6 years, w/ no trouble, but never again :nono:

Safari Ary said:
That crossed my mind as a possible solution, but I'm still wondering which ones I should run...poly or rubber....
Poly will last longer, as you know.

I'd make the extensions and use poly.

i run the DGP bumpstop plates and they work great! but to save money, i would definetly use squared tubing. it'll work just the same

brandon

Back