• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one goning to browns camp soon?

Comanche

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, looking for some locals to go to browns camp with. Anybody out there from Portland, Salem, Vancouver and want to wheel at browns camp with an old comanche?

Sorry, I don't think any of us are going to TSF for a couple of weeks. Some of us are headed up to Evans Cr., WA next week so we're just not going to be around for awhile. I'm usually posting when a group of us are TSF bound so just keep your eyes open :eyes: for a post here. Oh, bad news. The state revenuers have "paved" most of the trails now, so that all the trails are really boring. Your tax dollars and ATV sticker funds in action!

Erik said:
Sorry, I don't think any of us are going to TSF for a couple of weeks. Some of us are headed up to Evans Cr., WA next week so we're just not going to be around for awhile. I'm usually posting when a group of us are TSF bound so just keep your eyes open :eyes: for a post here. Oh, bad news. The state revenuers have "paved" most of the trails now, so that all the trails are really boring. Your tax dollars and ATV sticker funds in action!

You're frickin kidding? I'd assume 'paved' would mean the graded it and smoothed them out, not actually asphault? Either way, that sucks. Maybe it's there way of starting the season with easy trails knowing they will just get tore up during the summer wheeling? Just a guess, but that blows!

Steve

Well what they did was dump loose rock over just about everything. I could see them filling in a few of the holes, but they just went way overboard. They completly changed the waterfall on Archers so now people are just tearing things up trying to find a decent line. Actually since it's all dried out now, the trails themselves won't see much damage or erosion until the rains return. I'm thinking about just blowing the place off untill Nov or so. Glad I didn't buy an ATV sticker this year. Probablly be glad when I don't buy one next year too. Give the gov't money and they just foul things up. :pig:

Back