• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico May 15th

Shanbo44

NAXJA Forum User
I will be heading out to Calico on Friday May 14th with Sintax to camp and wheel on saturday. Any all of you are more then welcome to head out there and wheel with us on Saturday.

You must have 3" lift, body protection or a complete disregard for body damage, front and rear tow points, and all the saftey equipment.

If you want to come out and camp we will be dry camping in Doran canyon.

Shannon

I think its just gonna be you and me Shannon...

I got the water pump swaped into the black jeep, but now I'm having some funky noise, I have not looked but I have a feeling the fan is hitting the fan shroud. As long as its not major i'll be out there.

Is your dad going to be making it out?

-Scott

I was strongly considering a day run up there, but I am getting drawn to Pismo. Been itching to go there.

Jeeps is noiseless, well as noiseless as i'd ever expect it to be. The fan shroud feet were not seated.

Looks like we are all set to head out. I got my shopping done last night, gonna get the jeep packed after work today and plan on heading out RIGHT after work.

-Scott

sintax said:
Jeeps is noiseless, well as noiseless as i'd ever expect it to be. The fan shroud feet were not seated.

Looks like we are all set to head out. I got my shopping done last night, gonna get the jeep packed after work today and plan on heading out RIGHT after work.

-Scott

Woo Hoo! I will be bringing a small BBQ and cooking up some chicken if you want some. I will be heading out there at about 2 so I will be there about 3:30 - 4ish. Looks like its going to be a great weekend weather wise.

Come on people get off your butts and go wheelin!

Rock on man. I will pick something up on my way out. I am not going to be cooking out there ;) I have decided not to do that anymore unless its a long weekend. I just hate to carry all the extra gear out. If I take the bbq that means I can only take 1 24 pack of beer instead of 2. j/p

I HOPE to make it up there by 8:30. I know the ghost tour starts at 9 right? I get off work at 4pm and have an hour and some odd minute drive home before I can get the black jeep and head out. I plan on having it all packed for the most part. Just will toss everything in the ice chest and roll. I hope there is not much traffic, but we'll just have to see.

Shannon will you leave your cell phone on? I will let you know if I run into any delays.

-Scott

All you guys missed it... we had a good day of wheelin... ya know pounding the rocks not the keyboard! LOL

Anyways we had a FS land cruiser tag along because his group never showed up. We had some minor body damage and ran into a couple of other groups.

picture here....

http://community.webshots.com/album/143283773gPbZyg

Last edited:
haha

yea it was a good trip. Had some fun on the ghost tour and was cool BS'ing by the fire.

The run the next day was great, cant beat the weather. Would have been nice to have a few more jeeps out there, but we had a great time. Was cool meeting those guys in the land crusier. That thing was nice, i felt bad every time his body hit the rocks. I'll admit I kinda laughed when I saw the first hit that dended in his rear quater and ripped off his rear bumper end cap. You said "ahhh its just your bumper, keep going" or something of that nature.

I'll have to see about tracking down a new tail light. I'll be keeping a bit more momentum going up that line next time, i think that could have saved some headache.

We should plan big bear for sometime in June.

-Scott

I definately think that if you would have kept up the mo then up would have made it up. The skinny pedal got me up, I feel real bad about your damage.

I told him body damage builds character!... I think he got a little more character then he wanted!

I definately want to go to big bear. Lets see if we can get any of the web wheelers to go! ;) I would want to camp again. Nothing better then BS'n by the camp fire.

Shanbo44 said:
I definately think that if you would have kept up the mo then up would have made it up. The skinny pedal got me up, I feel real bad about your damage.

I told him body damage builds character!... I think he got a little more character then he wanted!

I definately want to go to big bear. Lets see if we can get any of the web wheelers to go! ;) I would want to camp again. Nothing better then BS'n by the camp fire.

man...dont EVEN stress it. Like I said, If i would have lost the hatch on the trail or flopped it on the side I would have been a little upset. But a few gouges never hurt anyone, plus i never liked that tail light anyway!!! :D

-Scott

June 12 and 13 it is!!
(sometimes it works best just to focus us web-wheelers asap)
Went out and ran Pinion Mt., Jeep Squeeze, Heart attack hill et.al. over the weekend with Tom West, Mark, and Gus. Met a couple of others out there and saw two other groups....
Had lots of fun!
Anyway......how about the 12th and 13th.....does it work?
Rick

Back