• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How big of tires?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What size tires can I fit with a 3" lift?
also what tires are the best?
Thanks
Bucky :dunce:

your joking right? on my RE 3" springs I have have 33x10.5 BFG AT (measure 32") on 15x8 rims no rubing at full turn. I have heavily cut fenders and I used a big hammer to make the wheel wells bigger for full stuff. I think I can fit 35 now.

There are more considerations than just tire size. What are your requirements? Do you just want the biggest tires you can fit? Is it a daily driver? Do you still want a good drivable vehicle with halfway decent fuel economy and power? Do you drive in mud, on rocks, sand? These are all important considerations when selecting tire size and make.

Last edited:
Hey, just cause it has been discussed in at least two other threads in the last week doesn't mean that all us guys with 3 inches of lift and tire envy aren't interested. In my Sally Struthers voice, "Do you want more tire? Sure, We all do!"

I know there is someone out there that can tell me how to run 38 on three inches of lift with out cutting my fenders. HA!

Bucky, here is a rundown. Everyone else feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark.
31s will work on the right backspacing. This is what I am running on Ranger "Deer Hoof" wheels. At full flex there is some rubbing, but I have not incurred any fender damage from it.
33X10.50s cutting and/or bumpstopping.
33X12.50s more cutting and/or more bumpstopping.
35s you better get out the saw. Supose to be able to do it with BW fender flares and three inches of lift, but seems suspect to me.

jkkj, that sounds right to me. It all depends on how much you want to cut. If you don't want to take out the sawzall, stick with 31's. If you crawl the mall, go with the 35's. It wouldn't be able to articulate very well. I would go with Goodyear MTR's. One of the best all-round tires.

Back