• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mark- Let's see your steering box reinforcement

Handlebars

NAXJA Member #135
Hi Mark- The word on the street is that you have something cooked up to reinforce the frame area where the steering box mounts up. What I would like to know is will it work with this style bumper mount?

standard.jpg

Also, I stumbled across a "fabricator's" section of your site with all kinds of cool stuff like the raised swaybar mounting tabs for the D30 axle. Trouble is, now I can't find it again. :huh:

Sneak peak at EJS 2003. Goto the Vendor page on the friday page about mid page of photos.

http://www.4x44u.com/

tn_MVC-031F_JPG.gif

Yes it will but it will need some mods to do so. It should beable to be situated to work with almost any mounts because it is a weld on unit and can be modified to work prior to completed installation. This will requier you to practice those welding skills you are working on.:)

mark
orgs mfg

Not that XJ guys care but the next pic is the rear ACOS for the TJ!
tn_MVC-032F_JPG.gif

Last edited:
Alex,

Inner and outer plates with connection via sleeves thru the holes, all welded together as on unit with the frame!!!

Tow hooks also go from vertical mounting to horizontal mounting.

mark
orgs mfg

Big Jeep 101 said:
Why are there so many notches in it?

I think you mean "Holes"?

The oval holes are for rosett welding it to the frame and spreading out the attachment area. This will eliminate/reduce the number of long outside edge welding which might create stress areas on the frame.

mark
orgs mfg

Doh, good deal, I never thought of that. Thats why you are the resident XJ king!

This is what I fabbed up. Here is the outer plate, both installed and not installed. The reason for the 3 different pieces is b/c of my C4x4 bumper bracket. I just cut out those pieces to fit. We figured solid pieces of metal would provide more support that just stacking spacers or something else. Besides, I had the metal already, since I had to cut down Rusty's t-case skid. So I just used that metal for the plate.

470828MVC-836F.JPG

470829MVC-844F.JPG

Here is the inner plate with the spacers welded on.

470826MVC-834F.JPG

470827MVC-835F.JPG

Handlebars said:
Does this mean that I would have to drill out the existing steering box mounting hole in the frame?

No!

The holes are so big there enough room for the setup.

You will need to dremel out some sheet metal but that's easy stuff.

mark
orgs mfg

Also, I stumbled across a "fabricator's" section of your site with all kinds of cool stuff like the raised swaybar mounting tabs for the D30 axle. Trouble is, now I can't find it again. :huh: [/B]

go to the site, click on "Products" then on the left menu at the bottom click on "Fab Parts" HTH, Peace

Ary

Back