• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detroit front...

Jump This

Just another minion!
How many running a Detroit in the front?
Any problems with them on the street?
What steering upgrades are nesc?
Running 32's.....
Is it true...no effect on the road at all (ya...ya....when not engaged)
Rick

I run the detriot in front of mine with warn lockout hubs. When the hubs are not locked, I dont even know it's there. When the hubs are locked it really is not as bad as you'd think. I only really notice it when I get on the gas real hard.

It's invisible when not in 4H or 4Lo ... I drive a '94 with a non-disconnect HP D30.

Les

After running Detroit’s F&R (w drive flanges) for about 5 years I was having problems with a 10' section of one particular course. I went back with an ARB in the front. And it's been down hill ever since. If someone wants a 31 spline 8.8 ARB it's yours for the cost of having John Lemeux putting my Detroit back in.

ps - - Paul I am proud of you for seeing the light and dropping the Amish top hat, buggy whip and talking about getting a Detroit. What’s next coil over in the back?
Welcome to the dark side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been running a Detroit in my non-disco D30 for over a year now. You will never know it is there untill you put it into 4WD. Never felt or heard any noises or ratcheting sound either. My buddy runs a lock-right and he can hear a ratcheting sound on slow hard turns, it bothers him, but he is picky. You may want to invest in a 2wd-lo kit at some point. I have been happy so far.

Bryan

now you get curious Rick... I guess youll find out next weekend, huh?

Jump This said:
Running 32's.....
Rick

I drove Eddie's last Sunday (Ryan actually installed that one) and I couldn't feel it! THat reminds me... I Gotta check lotto numbers :D

gto said:
After running Detroit’s F&R (w drive flanges) for about 5 years I was having problems with a 10' section of one particular course. I went back with an ARB in the front. And it's been down hill ever since. If someone wants a 31 spline 8.8 ARB it's yours for the cost of having John Lemeux putting my Detroit back in.
LOL... Thats exactly what I did.

gto said:

ps - - Paul I am proud of you for seeing the light and dropping the Amish top hat, buggy whip and talking about getting a Detroit. What’s next coil over in the back?

Oh my gawd......what's this place coming to? Look who's here......

Still fun hangin' with XJguys. :D

BTW, I run a Detroit in the front and in 2wd with the hubs locked I don't even know it's there.

Ryan...it was your idea to go with the Detroit in the front! I wasn't going to lock the front at all!
Now I know that locking the front is a great idea...and with your help.....( I think the quote would be something like 'lock the front and stop ya' snivlin') I was able to see this more clearly! :D
But......since I hadn't researched the detroit as an option.....maybe I should check here first.....
I'll see you Saturday!
Rick

well I could...

accidentally put a truetrac limited slip in the front...
seriously... youll like it.

I run a Detroit in the front of my '93 non-disco and I can't feel it on the street when in 2wd at all. Had it for about 6 months now.

gto said:

The situation is deteriorating rapidly.

Paul

Jump This said:
Running 32's.....
Rick

I just gotta say this... reading this thread and driving Eddie's rig and having Ryan as a sales guy made me go from no front locker... to ez locker.... and now a detroit....... :D So does anyone have Wednesday's lottery numbers??

The only lottery numbers I ever have are the ones on the upper right hand corner of a check!! And I still gotta' sign on the front!! Damn.......
Soon.....locked....front and rear!
Rick

Jump This said:
The only lottery numbers I ever have are the ones on the upper right hand corner of a check!! And I still gotta' sign on the front!! Damn.......
Soon.....locked....front and rear!
Rick

You're actually giving me an idea !! I should play numbers based on the costs involved in this venture :D

Kejtar said:
You're actually giving me an idea !! I should play numbers based on the costs involved in this venture :D

Lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math.

You'd probably be able to afford the Detroit if you hadn't been giving your money away to the state on really horrible odds :D.

Nay

And yes, I play weekly.

Back