• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MadMax- 23spl aw4 behind renix?

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, just saw that you put the 91+ aw4 in. Did the electronics match up? I'm putting one in mine in the next couple weeks and am wondering what kind of surprises I'm going to get.

The 97' AW4 I have behind my 88 4.0L all matched up except the plug ends and color code of the wiring. Splice the old wire and ends to the new AW4 harness and it works (even with the homebrew kits).

The only mechanical issue is the t-case will need to match the spline count and depth as well.

Ed A. Stevens said:
The 97' AW4 I have behind my 88 4.0L all matched up except the plug ends and color code of the wiring. Splice the old wire and ends to the new AW4 harness and it works (even with the homebrew kits).

The only mechanical issue is the t-case will need to match the spline count and depth as well.

Me too.....96 AW4 into an 89.

MadMax, I read the description on your site; do you use the rotary knob to shift? or do you use the stock shifter? I'd be interested in doing this, but need more info.

Ed A. Stevens said:

so how did you know what wire to splice to where? colors dont match up...

the reason i ask is because i am gettin ready to do this swap.

Ed, do you know which goes with which color. I've got a 89 FSM, but not a 91+. Anybody wanna fax me a copy of the 91+ Tranny plugs?

Back