• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Dorado Discs?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I found a feller that is wanting to sell me his disc set up for my rear 44. My 44 is out of an 87 chero. and he says that his is a set up originally off of an eldorado. He told me it is coming off of a CJ-5 and should bolt right up to my 44. Anyone ever used eldorado brakes before? He is selling me all teh hardware and rotors and calilpers for 250. Just curious if any of you had done this swap before. THanks.
josh

I run the '79 eldo calipers on my D44 as part of a TSM kit. Whether or not the parking brake is "functional" is a matter of debate, as from my experience and what I have read from others, the '79 eldo e-brake is marginal at best. I do have a buddy running a '78 eldo setup on a D70, and his e-brake is better (this is a much larger caliper) -- if I had it to do over I wouldn't use the GM calipers, I would use a ford, jeep or import caliper with a seperate drum for an ebrake rather than the GM ratchet mechanism. Just my .02

Back