PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Lopez Island, May 15-16th...

Willis
May 6th, 2004, 20:40
Just wanted to post up a reminder.

Who: Everyone. You don't have to be a NAXJA member, just a user of the forums (though we might encourage you to become a member :D )

What: Camping/BBQ

Where: Glenn's place, Lopez Island, WA

When: May 15-16th

Why: Why not?

It's at Glenn's house, he's got gas and briquette BBQs, lots of land (sorry no wheeling) and even a trampoline for the drunks...I mean the kids.

Bring about $20 in community food for potluck on Saturday afternoon/eve, some drinks for yourself, camping supplies including food for all other meals, the family, the dog, and whatever else...

Glenn, how's about a mapquest from the ferry dock to your place?

See ya there
Steve

ECKSJAY
May 7th, 2004, 01:30
I'll be there by myself.

Let's see...two cases of beer, a fifth of Jack Daniels, two dozen bratwurst, sauerkraut, sandwich rolls, and a case of MREs for the rest of the time. :D

Yup, I'm set. ;) Oh yeah, I should bring my tent and clean underwear. :looser:

ladywolf
May 7th, 2004, 03:47
hey ecksjay you need to pass out MRE's to all of those who HAVENT had the *snort* PLEASURE of eating an MRE before. I guarantee it'll be interestin.

Kristen

ECKSJAY
May 7th, 2004, 03:54
hey ecksjay you need to pass out MRE's to all of those who HAVENT had the *snort* PLEASURE of eating an MRE before. I guarantee it'll be interestin.

Kristen

Of course. ;)

You just checkin in or what??? Don't see ya on IM.

ladywolf
May 8th, 2004, 00:46
I've just been checkin in on my offtime at work a lot lately....dont feel like waiting in line for a non-gov pc so i can use messenger. might log in later and send ya a couple of really funny emails. i guarantee you'll like them!

Kristen

Glenn B
May 8th, 2004, 16:49
Weeee.... it is getting close. :)

I will try to get a Mapquest or similar up tonight...... The more solid the numbers, the better...as far as who is comming. :)

Glenn

railroadjeep
May 8th, 2004, 19:38

Kristen

What you talking about, I had the pleasure (well, I wouldnt call it that) of eating one at work today. Not the greatest thing I ever had, but I can think of worse. Course eating MRE's 3 times a day for a few months might change my opinion.

XJourney
May 8th, 2004, 22:43
I am still planning on coming.

ladywolf
May 8th, 2004, 23:57
Railroad, do you remember which one the MRE was? some are much better than others, especially once you 'cook' them. my favs are pasta w/ veggies or chicken w/ noodles (add the cheese sauce and you get cheesey chikin noodles lol;) hope to see yall at the end of the summer, things here are BORING because I have nothing to do. oh well. talk to yall soon.

Kristen

Willis
May 10th, 2004, 22:02
So how old are the kids that are going to be there?

I'm bringing my friend and maybe her little girl (almost 3).

Just wondering if she will have others to play with around her age group?

Steve

Glenn B
May 10th, 2004, 22:09
So how old are the kids that are going to be there?

I'm bringing my friend and maybe her little girl (almost 3).

Just wondering if she will have others to play with around her age group?

Steve
Bring the Kid if ya can. :) My kids are pretty excited, even though there has not been much response lately. Mine that live here are 6 and 8.... we have swings, sandboxes (just redid all of that... fresh sand!), trampoline, Big Wheels, etc.... So LOTS of stuff, and LOTS of room for the kids to play.

Still working on trying to arrange fresh salmon.... but without semi-firm numbers.... not wanting to spend a bunch of money on fish that the wild cats will end up eating. :)

Me... even if only a few folks show up..... it is all good. It is about getting to know folks, and have a good time.

I am looking forward to it. :)
Glenn

Willis
May 10th, 2004, 22:30
I'll eat some salmon, but not much. I'm more of a turf kinda guy.

If there isn't much interest from others, I say don't waste your money.

My gal pal wants to know how many other chicks will be there?

Steve

Glenn B
May 10th, 2004, 22:45
I'll eat some salmon, but not much. I'm more of a turf kinda guy.

If there isn't much interest from others, I say don't waste your money.

My gal pal wants to know how many other chicks will be there?

Steve
Well, hard to tell. My wife will be here for sure. :)

I am a Turf guy too.... but I have Salmon down to a fine art. hehehe
Glenn

ECKSJAY
May 11th, 2004, 03:44
My ball joints are shot and my thermostat housing has developed a slight leak...so my Jeep won't be making any long trips. I've provisions in place in case something happens on the way to work, but that's only 15 miles from home.

Getting to the point, unless I can get a ride up I won't be making it. I was planning on flying via Kenmore Air, but I'm going to need my money for these repairs. I can help with gas and pay my portion of the ferry fees if I can hitch a ride with someone. If I don't go I can always work on getting my Jeep in shape and swapping rear axles (which would be nice with the disc brakes and all). I've been looking forward to meeting Glenn for a while now. :(

My_Little_Pony
May 11th, 2004, 11:24
I might come on up....I am not much of a people person, I am pretty shy, so that's the only thing that would stop me from coming up. Also my lady friend is a big decision if I go or not. If I do go, it will probably be my lady friend, me, and my buddy and his lady friend (maybe). We'll see as the weekend gets closer. Hopefully I will know by Thursday....oh yeah, I have to work Saturday until 2pm, so hopefully that won't matter!!

Willis
May 12th, 2004, 20:24
oh yeah, I have to work Saturday until 2pm, so hopefully that won't matter!!

I think the problem you will run into is that it will take you 2 hours to get to the ferry (which leaves at 3:45) , then it's another hour long ferry ride. You probably won't get there until 5 PM or better. It will still be light, but I don't know what time we plan on eating, but we'll be up late BSing and such.

Steve

Willis
May 12th, 2004, 20:27
My ball joints are shot and my thermostat housing has developed a slight leak...so my Jeep won't be making any long trips. I've provisions in place in case something happens on the way to work, but that's only 15 miles from home.

Getting to the point, unless I can get a ride up I won't be making it. I was planning on flying via Kenmore Air, but I'm going to need my money for these repairs. I can help with gas and pay my portion of the ferry fees if I can hitch a ride with someone. If I don't go I can always work on getting my Jeep in shape and swapping rear axles (which would be nice with the disc brakes and all). I've been looking forward to meeting Glenn for a while now. :(

Well, that sucks. I don't think we have room, but I'll let you know if we do.

Let's plan another for early September.

Steve

ECKSJAY
May 12th, 2004, 20:36
Let's plan another for early September.

Steve

Probably isn't going to happen *for me*, some of us are either going to Rubicon or Moab around that time. ;) Unless the meeting is closer, that is. :D

XJourney
May 12th, 2004, 21:55
Are we going to get some directions to Glenns house?
I am coming as atleast one possibly two(wife may have to baby sit)
What numbers are we looking at?
Should everyone bring a bag of chips or dessert?
I still have mac and tat salad.

Glenn B
May 12th, 2004, 22:14
Are we going to get some directions to Glenns house?
I am coming as atleast one possibly two(wife may have to baby sit)
What numbers are we looking at?
Should everyone bring a bag of chips or dessert?
I still have mac and tat salad.
Sorry, things have been crazy with work..... busting butt to get enough do so that I can enjoy the week-end. :D

1838 Lopez Sound RD
Lopez Island 98261

By Ferry: I-5 take the exit for Hwy 20 to Anacortes. Follow signs to the Ferry. Once on Lopez, straight off the boat a couple miles, the an uphill left turn on Center road. Follow Center road several miles. You will see the hardware store on your right, take the next Left (School Road....at the Scool). Follow Scool Rd, it will go downhill and make a sharp left turn.... after that turn it is called Lopez Sound Rd. I am the 2nd drive way on the left.

We can also meet folks at the ferry that may need that. 360-468-3092 when you know a departure time.

As to who is coming, not sure anymore. Hopefully folks will speak up soon..... easier to plan if we know how many.

Either way...I am looking forward to some relaxation. :)
Glenn

hards91xj
May 12th, 2004, 22:44
I won`t be making it but any discusion about the July function going to happen? I do have a question for that ..Are there going to be prizes given out at that outing as door prizes etc. I have some things I`ve been purchasing that can be used if that is happening.

My_Little_Pony
May 13th, 2004, 14:16
Not sure if I can make it now. The lady friend doesn't get home from work until 3 and then drive time to the ferry (ferry at 3:45). I don't think this is going to work. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to taking the Jeep on a little drive...oh well, maybe next time!!

Glenn B
May 13th, 2004, 15:07
Not sure if I can make it now. The lady friend doesn't get home from work until 3 and then drive time to the ferry (ferry at 3:45). I don't think this is going to work. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to taking the Jeep on a little drive...oh well, maybe next time!!
There is a later ferry ~5 or so PM.... so let me know if you want those times. Happy to have y'all out if possible.

Willis and Company and PNW (Hans?) are all that have confirmed as yet.

Who else.... speak up folks. :) Last thing I want to do is buy too much salmon and stuff.

Lawnmower just popped another belt off, LOL. Trying to get some of the grass chopped down.

Sooo.... other than the camping space, I plan to buy the briquettes, propane, Salmon, pork ribs?, some beer, pop, and juice for the kids. Marshmellows for the camp fire (I have plenty of wood for that)

If it is just a small group... so be it, as long as you guys wanna come out. I dig a good BBQ and rally round the fire.

If everybody is gonna bail, let me know asap before I go shopping tomorrow. Otherwise, will be picking up the good tomorrow.

Let me know what day (Fri evening, Saturday day, etc... you plan on arriving), so I can be ready. ;)

Glenn

Willis
May 13th, 2004, 18:59
Ya, looks like it will be small, maybe just 3 (groups). I'll only do 1 tri-tip (sticking it in marinade tonight), and probably pick up some dogs, buns, and misc snacks/deserts etc.

Glenn, do we need plates, plasticware and supplies?

Steve

Oh, ya, I think we plan on catching the 9:35 or Noonish one. Probably leaning toward noonish.

Glenn B
May 13th, 2004, 19:10
Ya, looks like it will be small, maybe just 3 (groups). I'll only do 1 tri-tip (sticking it in marinade tonight), and probably pick up some dogs, buns, and misc snacks/deserts etc.

Glenn, do we need plates, plasticware and supplies?

Steve

Oh, ya, I think we plan on catching the 9:35 or Noonish one. Probably leaning toward noonish.
We will have plates etc.... no worries there.

Best idea... shoot for the early boat.... catch the noonish one. ;)

Willis
May 13th, 2004, 20:26
We will have plates etc.... no worries there.

Best idea... shoot for the early boat.... catch the noonish one. ;)

It would either be the 9:35 AM boat (actually, 8:50 from Anacortes), or the noonish (ariving at 12:45). I'm thinking noonish so I don't have to get up so damn early.

Steve

ECKSJAY
May 13th, 2004, 21:15
Looks like I'm out. Wrenching for me instead.

Thermostat gasket finally went so it looks like the cooling system is getting an overhaul.

I'll hook up with you all via webcam though if you want. :D With my wireless maybe I could put on a 'shadetree mechanic' show on Saturday. ;)

Glenn B
May 14th, 2004, 09:35
Looks like I'm out. Wrenching for me instead.

Thermostat gasket finally went so it looks like the cooling system is getting an overhaul.

I'll hook up with you all via webcam though if you want. :D With my wireless maybe I could put on a 'shadetree mechanic' show on Saturday. ;)
Sorry to hear that. I highly doubt I will want to watch a web cam presentation of you changing a gasket though. :D

Willis, as for the ferry, just try to get there at least an hour ahead of time. Call me from the ferry before ya head out if you want me to meet you at the ferry landing.. in case my directions did not make sense.

Hans.. you still coming? which ferry you looking at getting?

Glenn

ladywolf
May 14th, 2004, 15:51
Well glen even though your gathering is going to be small, it looks and sounds as if its going to be lots of fun. i wish everyone a safe trip, have fun, drink a beer for me since i cant have any (not that i drink the stuff anyhew). Hopefully i'll be home the end of summer, but i heard a nasty rumor we might be staying longer (OMG I HOPE NOT!!!!) I'm still acquiring pieces parts for mine, i might be able to put it all together when I get home. Well, everyone take care and have a good time. keep in touch.

Kristen

Glenn B
May 14th, 2004, 18:35
Well glen even though your gathering is going to be small, it looks and sounds as if its going to be lots of fun. i wish everyone a safe trip, have fun, drink a beer for me since i cant have any (not that i drink the stuff anyhew). Hopefully i'll be home the end of summer, but i heard a nasty rumor we might be staying longer (OMG I HOPE NOT!!!!) I'm still acquiring pieces parts for mine, i might be able to put it all together when I get home. Well, everyone take care and have a good time. keep in touch.

Kristen
Kristen, will say a big CHEERS for you and yours! Armed Forces day too IIRC?

My Uncle will be coming over from Orcas Island too. Will be brining his M715...

My kids are hoping others bring kids.... my dog too. :)

I have most everything on my end now, other that the salmon.
Glenn

XJourney
May 14th, 2004, 19:40
Glenn if you want I can bring the salmon. I have a bunch in my freezer.

We will be planning for the noonish ferry.

Willis
May 14th, 2004, 20:00
My lady friend is bringing her girl. Will be 3 in July. She'll love the trampoline :D.

Heading to the grocery store now to get some other stuff.

Glenn, do you have an air compressor or leaf blower (or vacuum with hose outlet) to blow up air mattresses?

Steve

Glenn B
May 14th, 2004, 20:42
My lady friend is bringing her girl. Will be 3 in July. She'll love the trampoline :D.

Heading to the grocery store now to get some other stuff.

Glenn, do you have an air compressor or leaf blower (or vacuum with hose outlet) to blow up air mattresses?

Steve
Woooo Hooo, will tell my kids, they will be happy. :)

Air Comp is broke. Leaf blower? nope. Have a shop Vac, not sure if it works. My Uncles M715 has On Board Air IIRC. He will arrive after 1pm sometime.
Glenn

Glenn B
May 14th, 2004, 20:44
Glenn if you want I can bring the salmon. I have a bunch in my freezer.

We will be planning for the noonish ferry.
If ya want to, that is fine. My source for fresh stuff is hard to get ahold of, otherwise was going to get some from the store tomorrow... Bring it is fine with me. ;)

Glenn

Willis
May 14th, 2004, 21:56
Just got done making some fruit salad,

got dogs and buns for the kids etc,

bringing the tri-tip, grabbed some chips,

got some muffins for morning.

I think I'm ready...

ECKSJAY
May 14th, 2004, 23:41
I think I'm ready...

Didn't see beer on the list. ;)

XJourney
May 15th, 2004, 01:03
Well my salmon is frozen, but I get it factory-direct. ;)

Will defrost it tonight, so don't worry about the salmon.

Willis I have a compressor for inflatable mattresses. Will bring it tomorrow.

Glenn B
May 16th, 2004, 09:08
Well my salmon is frozen, but I get it factory-direct. ;)

Will defrost it tonight, so don't worry about the salmon.

Willis I have a compressor for inflatable mattresses. Will bring it tomorrow.
Morning! Everybody is still sleeping, but I thought I would post up Willis getting Basketball lessons yesterday :D

http://sb-host.com/glenn/naxja_lopez/DSCF0010.JPG

Willis
May 16th, 2004, 20:06
I will neither confirm nor deny those allagations :D

Thanks for your's and Joanna's hospitality. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Steve

XJourney
May 16th, 2004, 21:18
Yea thanks for the great hosptality Joanna, :D
Oh I guess Glenn wasn't bad either.

So Willis you getting a trampoline for the new house? :laugh2:

Glenn make sure you post all the pictures :roll:

We will do it again sometime

Willis
May 16th, 2004, 22:01
So Willis you getting a trampoline for the new house? :laugh2:

I'll see if they can add that into the mortgage. :D

ladywolf
May 17th, 2004, 12:24
Hey guys it looks like you had a lot of fun. wish i could have been there. i'm working nights here, so at least i get to avoid the heat. i also hurt my ankle again today (total blonde move). rumor here has it that we might be extended yet again, but that is the rumor mill. hope I can be there for a get together at the end of the summer. Hope to see you guys out on the trails soon!

Kristen