• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN GRNT! Lights in lift gate

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
Mil, I remember you saying there was only one place to mount the backup lights in the lift gate. Will it be obvious when I pull off the panel? Also, how did you route the wireing and did you just splice it in with the stock backup light wireing?
Were these the lights you used?
lights.jpg

They're just the standard 4" Signal-Stat with grommet mounts.
Thanks for any help.

Jes

smart minds think alike, i had the same idea.
but not enough time to do it. i think 1 lite would be enough
also i want to put a lite on the driver side dash to lite the
floorboard like on the pass side

Hey Jes, you'll see the obvious location for these in the gate when you pull the inner panel. Some attempt to put speakers in this cramped space (even the factory tried this) but it is better suited for backup lights. You can access the backup light circuit behind the drivers taillight, not sure how Mil routed it into the gate, prolly through the stock routing point. Could be fun, try a small electricians fish tape.

XJEEPER

No Pix, but I mounted a $ 10 WalMart floodlight where the wiper goes. I drilled one 5/16"? hole for the mount stud & ran the 2 wires through the wiper arm hole...took advantage of my unused wiper relay since the circuit was hot, switch works, and the wiper is AWOL.

I suppose y'all night-light boys could rig up a slew of floods off that circuit, where ya put em is up to you...

Hey Jes, I was thinking of a more BLING" Bling" approach. Hook up a small CCD camera to your DVD video screen and so you can just use the night vision to back up when needed.:D :D

Jes said:
Hmmm....
Now I'm rethinking this, I already have 6X9s back there.

Jes

So how do those 6x9's sound when the back is loaded with cargo? I tried this a few years back and pulled them out. The lower passenger doors have room for 6x9s and they wouldn't be blocked as easily.........this could get complicated for the 2 door crowd :( . Time for the sound bar I guess?

XJEEPER

When the back is all loaded with my gear I just turn the ballance to the rear a little to compensate. Not that big a deal and they still drown out all the noises my Jeep makes. :)

Jes

Back