• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CalRocs this weekend

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone heading out to Cougar Buttes this weekend for the CalRocs event this weekened?

I'm thinking about maybe heading out if I get all of my projects done.

-Scott

saki669 said:
Whats the deal with them charging $10 for admission. Last I checked the desert was public land.

Not too sure. It is public land, I know that much. They do fence everything off. I am sure they have all sorts of permits and what not.

-Scott

If that is the same place they call Moonrocks, it is off of rock camp rd. They pay for permits to use the area which basically gives them the right to charge admission. The rangers actually help with the security by parking along the fences and waving people off that try to sneek in. Scott is it the same place we went last time ?

The Calrocs site does not say the EXACT location, but its in the same general area as the last event out there. It may be more in the rock outcropping towards the south west.

Rich: are you guys running shredder this weekend?

-Scott

Back