• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ramsey REP 8.5

got one about 3 month ago. IMO it is a very nice unit. It is to replace the 8000e unit, has a heat sink, 2.5hp. I have used it 2-3 times and it never heated up to the point where i could not put my bare hands on the motor.

Ramsey is pretty confident with their release of this unit as well stating that it is a borderline competition unit.

I was looking for a low cost unit and originally looked at the Harbor frieght and Mile Marker units. IMO are the same thing although debated regularly by others. I went with the Ramsey: 1. US made and excellent service when i called, 2. Although Habor Freight has gret prices you get what you pay for as seen in other tool purchased though them and the customer service SUCKS. 3. MM unit is made in China (HF as well). 4. Price was the same except HF unit but see#2.

All in all i am very satisfied with this unit and is likely to last this Jeep and the next.

Mike

Yeah, the price on it is geat. Sam's Offroad has it for $399 shipped. That is hard to beat for a winch. I have used a 15000lb ramsey on the front of my Rescue Squad's truck and am impressed with it. Anyone else have this winch?

John

Back