• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rendezvous

First week of Oct. IS close to Moab! Amy and are leaving for Moab on the 5th, going through central Nevada and hopefully camping at Great Basib NP on the way. Anybody eles in the Sierra chapter going to Moab for fall fling?

I think that Marni and I will be attending Moab. I think that I will be towing with my Tundra if I can get my friend tom to let me borrow his trailer. Seems like a fair trade, I save his life (ok, maybe I am stretching it a bit :wink: ) and he lets me borrow his trailer. I mean, sheesh, it's not his first-born or anything.

Back to the topic at hand. A nice get together in Nor Cal would work.
SeanP

I am going to Moab. Not sure when I'll be leaving but I'll try to hook up with someone so it's not such a lonely drive out.
Sounds like a begining of October get together won't work, maybe at the end of Oct or the begining of November? Would be cool to get everyone together(from stockers to junk)for some light wheeling and a BBQ.

Jes

I should start to slow down with work around then so any ti,e in Oct is cool with me. Moab is not going to happen but Hollister would be a lot of fun even for families.

I wish Moab could be in this years plans but I am out of vacation time. I'm shooting for the Aniversary affair next year.

A family event would be cool end of Oct/Nov. Kim (wifey) got behind the wheel last weekend up in the Pincrest area and LOVED it. She needs more exposure so I can get my Jeep fund back.

Jeff

[quote:c2758692da="JP"]Kim (wifey) got behind the wheel last weekend up in the Pincrest area and LOVED it. She needs more exposure so I can get my Jeep fund back.

Jeff[/quote:c2758692da]

You have just figured out my financing scheme. Works very well. I am still working on the whole Atlas sales pitch. "Slower is better, honey. It is safer and it means we won't roll the jeep" See what I did there: I brought the whole saftey factor into play. Lessons will continue at next pizza meeting.

SeanP

Sean, you've been a funny mo'fo lately.

Hey, speaking of October, who is going to the Rubicon Cleanup?

I better get like 20 positive responses, or I'm gonna have to bust some heads. If you drive the trail, shit on the trail, or drip oil from your junk on the trail, you better be there!

I know SeanP is up (turd/tampon patrol?), who else?

CRASH

I will be up there. I have enough trouble cleaning up my dogs shiznit, I don't think that I will be on turd patrol.

There is a thread on the pirate board about this right now. Some folks are going to come in from the Springs side and clean thru to spider. I thought this would be cool and Crash can bring his trailer for this patrol.

By the way, last year marni won the winch in the raffle and this year is supposed to have tons of prizes.

SeanP

Had to rub in the free winch again, didn't ya?

Ya, the trailer can come in with me from the springs side.

CRASH

SeanP nice tip on the Atlas......safety is a big concern of hers. I'm still working on a new exhaust pitch right now, or maybe I won't tell her if I get a raise. :twisted: At least she doesn't care about body damage.

Con clean-up definitely sounds like something we should ALL be involved with even if you haven't run the trail yet. If not, it may not be there when your junk is capable. I'll probably have room for a "new" co-pilot.

JP

I might be able to make a September run to Hollister, but October is too close to my retirement. But then again you never now what i'm gonna do :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man that is all to far in advance for me, I will have to figure out the logistics of the moab run, the con cleanup sounds like a no brainer though.

Con - Hollister

I can make Hollister and I will be on the Con for the cleanup. Trying to keep the streak going. :mrgreen:

I think I can make both of those, I would love to help clean up the Con' even though I have not yet run it! I assume everyone just brings their own tools and equipment right?

Lots of bags. No cheapy kitchens bags unless you want to cleanup your cleanup. You should bring your rain and winter gear with extra gloves. It can get real cold in October. Gloves you don't give a $hit about. If anybody was there 2 year ago....... it got cold. The water in my coolers froze. Never seen that happen. No problem keeping the beer cold. The problem was getting it out of the cooler. Last year was perfect though.

Back