• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auburn hi-performance LSD installed

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Auburn installed this morning, transparent till you get into the dirt, mud and gravel, nice. Did catch me by suprise at a couple of intersections where there was loose gravel and sand. Expected the rear to slide around like normal when pulling out... It didn't and I went straight :eek: , almost got a mailbox :D Nice to not have an open rear again, been too many years without.
Install is pretty simple now that I have seen it. Only real 'speciality tools' are an steel pipe to adjust the shims and the dial gauge for backlash.
Oh, how come none of you fawkers who have done all this gear work over the years never mentioned that the friggin ring gear bolts are leftys, that could have been embarrasing when trying to strip the old gears off the carrier, kinda like the first time I changed a tire on my 75 dodge van 'Man, what did they do, weld those lugnuts on there'.
Going to do the gears next when they get here... should be even more interesting going from 3:07's to 4:10's....

RichP said:
Oh, how come none of you fawkers who have done all this gear work over the years never mentioned that the friggin ring gear bolts are leftys, that could have been embarrasing when trying to strip the old gears off the carrier,

I broke 3 of those damn bolts before I figured that one out. :dunce:

Make sure you use dino oil and Ford lsd additive in that thing. NO SYNTHETIC!!

I have an Auburn in the rear too and love it. I have yet to try it out on any type of slickrock or such, just mud, but the thing wokr awesome!

Fergie

Back