• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Only down works on power antenna.

RCKCLMR

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, my power antenna quit working one day and it was stuck in the down position. Earlier today, I removed the power antenna, took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. I lubed all the parts that needed it and put it back together. When I re-installed it (with ignition on and radio on), I had the antenna fully extended and everything was ok. As soon as I turned off the radio the antenna went down like it is supposed to. The only problems is, it will not come back up. No matter how I re-install it, it just won't go up. It will always go down with no problems but then it is stuck there. Any of you had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it (besides new antenna)?

This is a lazy solution, but mine is simply extended all the time. The previous owner had disconnected the power to the antenna and I found out why when I reconnected it. For off-road, the power antenna isn't very flexible and I'll probably just replace it with a non-power one in the future.

Mine would not go down when I got it. No fuse, installed fuse went down fine would not come back up. I could hear a grinding sound as tthe motor was working. I figure the plastic strip or the gear on the motor is stripped. Pulled it back up & removed the fuse again. I might fix it someday. JIM.

Back