• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado and Rubicon Trip

Kaczman

Lurker
NAXJA Member
Are any of you guys planning on running both the Colorado and Cali trips? I have vacation planned for mid-August and I'm trying to see if it is possible to run both NAXJA events. It appears the Colorado trip ends the same day the Rubicon trip begins, and I'd like to see if there is a good meeting place for the late arrivals. I guess I "could" leave CO early if nothing else works out.

Thanks,
-Jon Kaczmarski

We're starting the Rubicon on Monday the 16th at 10:00 A.M.
When were you planning on leaving Colorado? I assume you'll be towing?

Jes

Jon, if you're taking two weeks, and since you live in CO, consider doing the San Juan/Montrose part of the trip and then drive to Lake Tahoe on Thursday and Friday. Those of us running Fordyce will be hooking up Friday afternoon/evening. Since you live in CO, it might be nice to get in both Fordyce and Rubicon while you're out here.

Of course, if you want to stick around CO to run Carnage Canyon, and then head out to CA, we'll all be meeting up on Sunday afternoon/evening at Ice House Resort, and starting the 'Con on Monday morning.

It'd be great to see some CO folks come out to run the 'con with us.

According to Mapquest, it is 1050 miles from Buena Vista to Lake Tahoe. I guess I should plan on taking 2 days for travel. I would like to stay in Colorado long enough to do Carnage Gulch, but since my folks only live 5 miles from the trailhead, I can save it for a later date.

I assumed the Fordyce leg was part of the official trip, but worst case, I could meet up with you guys on the 16th. Time for me to start planning the details......My goal is to make it for Fordyce.

Thanks,
Jon Kaczmarski

Jon, leaving CO Thurs morning when the gang heads to BV leaves you with an easy two day drive. No need to hurry out of camp and you'll get out here in time to hang out Friday evening. Looking forward to seeing you.....we're going to have great time. :)

Back