• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best reasonably price Ujoints for D30

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
Scott, I know you told me this but I can't remember what Ujoints would be a good strong upgrade for my D30 axle.

mad maXJ said:
spicer 760x are the best OEM style joints, then there are Longfield, OX and CTM joints that are much stronger but are about $70, 130, and 175, respectivey

I'd second the Gen - U - Wine Spicer 5-760X if you can find them, but I've had great luck with NAPA heavy duty US-made joints... They're all I've ever ran in both my trail rigs (ax & driveshafts: 0 failures in 4 seasons with 33" mud tires and a screwball at the wheel) $15-20 at your local NAPA.

IMHO ya want alloy shafts to back up the extra-beefy UJs, otherwise just stick to OEM Spicer or equiv. stuff, keep an eye on them, and carry spares.

I hear the NAEPCO Brute Force u joints are a pretty good replacement, i have one as a spare for mine, got it at Auto Zone for $14.

yoke conversion (was Re: Best reasonably price Ujoints for D30

speaking of ujoint upgrades, does anybody make/sell the ubolt conversion kit (from strap to ubolt) other than teraflex?

i assume this is a worthwhile mod?

thanks.

Re: yoke conversion (was Re: Best reasonably price Ujoints for D30

MMIXJ said:
speaking of ujoint upgrades, does anybody make/sell the ubolt conversion kit (from strap to ubolt) other than teraflex?

i assume this is a worthwhile mod?

thanks.

Discussion above is for axle shafts. Are you asking about driveshaft? If so, front or rear?

Eagle said:
Discussion above is for axle shafts. Are you asking about driveshaft? If so, front or rear?

oops... my bad (sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread).

both front & rear: i see tera has a conversion kit for D30 & D44 which replaces the yoke and provides ubolts instead of straps.

thanks.

MMIXJ said:
oops... my bad (sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread).

both front & rear: i see tera has a conversion kit for D30 & D44 which replaces the yoke and provides ubolts instead of straps.

thanks.

continuing the hihack - D30 and 44 use the same yoke and you can get them off of CJ's, Scouts... check ebay, there's always a couple for @ $10.

What are 297 Ujoints?

are the ujoints for the d30 and the drive shaft the same? i dont know... newbie here. how many different kind of ujoint we have under the xj?

xj-grin said:
- D30 and 44 use the same yoke and you can get them off of CJ's, Scouts... check ebay, there's always a couple for @ $10.

w/ straps or ubolts?

thanks.

I just ran by my local Napa yesterday and picked up u-joints for the front axleshafts and driveshaft. I went in with the Spicer part numbers, if you don't have the Spicer part numbers then they can only look up Napa brand joints (don't ask me why, but I got crappy Napa joints in the rear shaft because they couldn't find the Spicer #s at the time).

5-153x cost $11.99 ea
5-760x cost $24.99 ea

Back