• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Indiana Wrenchfest - who's coming?

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
This coming Saturday, final tuneup before Memorial day. Show of hands. Let me know if you need directions.

MuddinXJ said:
well i dont have anything to put on my truck anymore otherwise i would. ill go if you guys want another hand

Comon, NOTHING? I didn't think an XJ was ever completely done.
Well, come out anyway if you'd like to help, BS, or just hang for awhile.

ok will do. well i have no parts to put on. if you got an RTI ramp ill come out for sure. otherwise just pm me directions and i might just show up

MuddinXJ said:
ok will do. well i have no parts to put on. if you got an RTI ramp ill come out for sure. otherwise just pm me directions and i might just show up

No RTI ramp but I do have a field with some nice dirt/rock piles to play on out back.

Thanks for offering up the facilities Brad...
Can I get a raincheck?
I have a few bills to catch up on, and the rest of my hard earned pay is going towards that ported head you saw...

I need some stainless steel valves, heavy duty double valve springs and what the hell, roller rockers...

Did I mention the supercharger?

and hell, then I gotta find a RC HP 44/9" axle combo to handle it...

I gotta apply for a new credit card...............

Dude.... I'm still sick over that OBA setup.....nicely built and great for kids toys and inflatable sheep

Might catch ya at the badlands some time this year...

Gil "seat time-seat time-seat time" Bullycatz

Gil BullyKatz said:
Thanks for offering up the facilities Brad...
Can I get a raincheck?
I have a few bills to catch up on, and the rest of my hard earned pay is going towards that ported head you saw...
I need some stainless steel valves, heavy duty double valve springs and what the hell, roller rockers...
Did I mention the supercharger?
and hell, then I gotta find a RC HP 44/9" axle combo to handle it...
I gotta apply for a new credit card...............
Dude.... I'm still sick over that OBA setup.....nicely built and great for kids toys and inflatable sheep
Might catch ya at the badlands some time this year...

Gil "seat time-seat time-seat time" Bullycatz

No problem, maybe next time.
RC HP 44/9"? After seeing that engine I'm thinking more like portals.

Do I hear an offer to help with the fender trimming?
The wyfe is in Indianapolis for work, so I may roll down and she will come by on her way home Sat. afternoon, if that is kosher.
Rockpile sounds fun, I'll wrestle your pops for dozer privelages.
Hasta.

bgcntry72 said:
Do I hear an offer to help with the fender trimming?
The wyfe is in Indianapolis for work, so I may roll down and she will come by on her way home Sat. afternoon, if that is kosher.
Rockpile sounds fun, I'll wrestle your pops for dozer privelages.
Hasta.

Hell, with all the experience I've been getting in that department I may rename the place "Fender Trimmins-R-Us".
See ya there.

I'll bring what may be the perfect tool for trimming fenders

I was thinking airsaw, but please, enlighten me. Nibbler, perhaps?
I took all the door trim off this week, as my 'tree mishap' caused a lot of paint to peel at the powerwash.
Also, the bastards who put the new fender on and painted it used an epoxy to apply the trim, so I have to sand and buff or repaint soon.
Welcome to my rut.
Sorry for the lack of contact, but things have been a bit weird, to say the least.
I will try and show.
Hasta.

Last edited:
Way less vibration than an airsaw, only about 1/4" clearance needed behind, turns on a dime. Show up and you'll see :D

This tool you speak of....

Is it an albino midget with a nail file?

does it come with it's own flux capacitor and require 1.21 gigiwatts of power?

micro-miniature shaped charges?

a Jedi light saber?

does the sharper image sell it?

questions question questions

Gil "WTF is it" Bullycatz

Gil BullyKatz said:
This tool you speak of....

Is it an albino midget with a nail file?

does it come with it's own flux capacitor and require 1.21 gigiwatts of power?

micro-miniature shaped charges?

a Jedi light saber?

does the sharper image sell it?

questions question questions

Gil "WTF is it" Bullycatz

All of those would probably work too :D , but Bgcountry guesses correctly on his edit and wins the prize of a free fender trimming
http://www.baddogtools.com/biterphotogallery.htm

Does it deform the metal at all as it cuts?

Not at all. I used it to cut out for my hood vents as well and those Lebaron vents only have about 1/4 to 3/8" overlap.

I would like to come over but i have to work until about 7 pm. I need to replace the axle seals. Everyone wants 450 to do it.

It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it down. Have too much work to do to get ready for 2 caterings I have next weekend! Bastards! I've got a hack & tap and new Ds to put in and am getting new springs for the front. Trying to get it done before NAC, trying to find the time is a bitch!

Back