• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry, another tire size question - HELP!

JEEPERCREEPER

NAXJA Forum User
I've done some searchs and read alot of comments. BUT, I need to order tires/wheels today, and somebody please tell me which way to go.

89, 5speed, going to 4.10 gears. Lifted 31/2". I'm buying Swamper TRXUS STS radials, 31X11.50 OR 32X12.50, 15's. 8" wheels, 4" Backspace. Do I go with the 31's or the 32's......WHICH ONE??? I want to trim/rub as little as possible! Thanks guys! great site!!!

if you don't want to trim, stick with a 31x10.5 tire.

you will NOT get all the performance you can out of your suspension if you go bigger and don't trim.

cutting is good!

tell me what's worse, cutting/bending sheetmetal or destroying expensive tires on the trail because you didn't make room for them?

CheapXJ said:
if you don't want to trim, stick with a 31x10.5 tire.

you will NOT get all the performance you can out of your suspension if you go bigger and don't trim.

cutting is good!

tell me what's worse, cutting/bending sheetmetal or destroying expensive tires on the trail because you didn't make room for them?
If you don't want to cut, go 31's. I personally would go with 32's. Just cut some sheet metal. It looks fine, and you can fit more tire. If you don't cut a lot, it almost looks stock.

Back