• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 Trouble Code Question

Matt79

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99 XJ with the 4.0/auto and my scanner is bringing up a "P1694" code. The FSM describes this as:

"No CCD/J1850 messages received from the powertrain control module-Aisin transmission."

The Jeep seems to be running fine. Anybody no what this means?

---Matt

Looks like your tranny control module is not talking to your engine PCM. The Tranny control module is located on the trans tunnle, just about the accelerator pedal. It has one large wiring harness going to it. I believe there is a in-line fuse in this wiring bundle (at least there is on earlier XJ's) and I bet the fuse is blown.

Hope this helps.

On my XJ the wiring harness from the tranny computer goes directly into the firewall with no fuses. I also checked the transmission schematics in the FSM and the only fuses in the system appear to be in the Power Distribution Center and the Junction Block and they're all in good condition.

Thanks for the response though. Anybody else have any ideas?

Back