• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How high can u go before...?

SVT

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys/gals I was wondering how high a guy can go with a lift before haveing to get a slip yoke or longer drive shaft ?
Currently I am just running a pro comp 3" lift but I have some teraflex 2" coil spacers a set of procomp 1.5" blocks & a set of 1" universal shackels. am I going to be allright? The only problem I think I might have is a brake line problem (ebrake) but thats no biggy just get longer lines, but by adding these new goodies will I be okay ? ( I know I should have just bought a LA kit to start with ,but the rig came with the lift, I just want to go bigger) anyways any help/comments would be greatly appricated. :worship:

what year is it?

I'm thinkin yuor gonna need one... the 96 earlier can "sometimes" get away without it...

youll probably have some vibes.... id go with a SYE and cv driveshaft and be done with it...

i have 8" of lift, no SYE, probably about 10,000 miles, and no problems

of course mine is a shortbed MJ with a driveshaft that's about a foot longer, and it's an '88 which seem to have less problems with that...

bottom line is, you're gonna need an SYE on a newer XJ, the hack n tap kit is real cheap for those, then just get a CV driveshaft.

I'm gonna "rebuild" a front d/s for the rear.... it should be alot cheaper...

I recommend a hack n' tap SYE kit and a new or rebuilt longer driveshaft. Where are you? I bought mine at Northshore Offroad in Vancouver ( http://www.nsor.com ), they will ship anywhere, but if you are in Alberta, you can contact Canadian Offroad and Marine in Edmonton at (780) 436 - 2476. They have a 1800 number, but i can't find it right now. I bought my lift from them years ago, they beat everyone else's price and shipped it to me in Victoria via Loomis over night. Can't beat that kind of service.
Buck

Keep it Canadian, eh? :canada:

Thanks Buck, I will be looking into more of this. Im actually straight from the (306) well actually I live 20 min away from Lloydminster (Border town) so Edmonton is not to far from the picture, thats actually where i have been buying all my gear from. Hopefuly if I get this lift installed properly & find a cheap Lock rite I will be going to the Jamboree in RMH. But I have herd so many things about doing this lift, as in yes I will have problem no I won't ect. So im going to do the lift & see what problems do arise. :anon:

Hey svt,
I have an 01XJ/w a3.5re superflex. I needed it, bad vibes even with a tcase drop. I put in a Hack/Tap and got a driveshaft made by High Angle Driveshaft. Got them both from dirk @DPG Offroad for $395. Installed it Sat. drive line vibes are gone,even took out the tcase drop and gained back 3/4" of ground clearance!!!
later,
Frank

Back