• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower Raditor Hose/High RPM Cooling

XJTripp

NAXJA Forum User
Had a high RPM/ High speed overheat problem. Only overheated on the interstate when driving 75 mph or so. You'd hit 230 in less than 5 min. Stop and idle and the temp. would go back down. Had installed aftermarket lower radiator hose with no internal spring. Believe that this hose sucked closed when spinning the pump at high RPM. I replaced this hose with Chrysler H0061445 hose with internal spring. Now can drive 75mph in 3rd for any length of time with temp. staying below 200.

Although the exist radiator looked good I replaced it with a new brass and copper Modine 2-row radiator from Global Radiators for $114. Now I can't swear the hose is what fixed this problem- but I'm 90% sure.

Also don't forget that the heater core can cause a pressure loss if it is leaking. I have temp. bypassed mine until I can replace it because I detected antifreeze in the condensate drain.

Back