• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine/MAP sensor

jkellner

NAXJA Forum User
Awhile back my 96 XJ 4.0 was flashing code 14, which suggests a problem with the MAP sensor. At times it would idle low and occasionally stall at a stop. I replaced the MAP sensor and all was fine for about a month. Now I'm getting the same code 14 on the check-engine light. Anybody have any suggestions beyond replacing the $90 MAP sensor again?

wow, $90 for a MAP sensor. i thought they were cheaper than that.

check to see if the vacuum line to the MAP isnt cracked or broken and that it is seated properly in the side of the TB. also clean and add dialetric grease to the wiring harness and check for damaged wires.

I am having the same problem, I have been trying to figure it out for a long time now. Mine is happening on a 96. I also get a sticking of the RPM's at 3100 when I give alot of acceleration (usually in 2nd gear) any help would be most appreciated. I also changed MAP and IAC within the last 5 months.

Thanks

Back