• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes pulling left

XJeffro

NAXJA Forum User
i just had new brakes installed both front and rear. after wheeling today, the brakes pull pretty hard to the left. it isnt too bad when going slow, but on the way home at speeds about 50mph or higher, it pulls left and feels very unsafe. i thought there might just be mud stuck on the pads, but it is still doing it after braking a bunch on the way home. is there an adjustment i can make? any help is appreciated... TIA.
Jeff

Who did the install? If someone did them for you go back let them fix it. IF NOT---
Perhaps there is air in the lines. Bleed 'em
Perhaps the RT. caliper is hanging up. disassemble ensure that they work freely
If you have to do it, try those things first and when you bleed them don't forget to start with rr,lr,rf,lf in that order.
HTH

the first thing i would do is check the caliper slides, you might have a bad seal on one of the slides and debris might be getting past it and causing the slides to freeze up.

Back