• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super rare 86 MJ in South Ga.

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I have a very rare 86 Comanche that was given to me by my mom as a Christmas present. It cost me $125 too rent a tow dolly to tow it home from PA. It has the 2.8 V6 (spun rod bearing) auto, 4x4. Long bed, rear slider, bed liner, front brush guard. I took the HP30 out to put in my XJ. The truck comes with my 2000 XJ's LP30 and a extra D35 spring over with a Detroit EZ locker installed. The extra D35 also came out of my XJ. Both axles have 22K on them. Now for what makes the truck so rare. It is a Starline RV conversion. AMC sent a handfull of MJ's there to have the interiors done in red velour and oak.Starline also painted them with some pretty cool red stripes. I called Starline and talked to the owner who said they had no records on hand but he only remembers seeing 6-10 trucks come threw there! I was going to restore it and make it a show rig but I have no time. There is some rust above the rear flares and a little on the door bottoms. Floor pans are perfect and so is the underside. Headliner is missing as well. The truck is in Albany, Ga. I want $1000 firm for it. Robert.

Here is a link to JU where I posted the pics. http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=484772

Back