• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C R12 to 134a Retrofit And Recharge Kit

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
I would like $12 shipped for this. The kit comes with new fittings and filling hose and retrofit sticker. And directions All you need is 2-3 cans of r134a. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
Chris

bzdel2441 said:
I would like $12 shipped for this. The kit comes with new fittings and filling hose and retrofit sticker. And directions All you need is 2-3 cans of r134a. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
Chris
Is this a do-it-yourself kind of kit?
How do you evac the old stuff out?
Thanks,
Dan.

Gotta have a shop do it Dan. They need to suck it out and then put it in a vacuum for about 30 min to boil any water out. It would be a good idea to change the reciever/dryer after they suck it out, but before the put it in a vacuum. The rec/dryer is a filter, and on the cars I work on, it gets changed out every 2 years and gets all new refrigerant with it.

Steve

P.S. if they try to charge you a ton of $, tell them the R-12 is $40 per pound, and you have over 1 lb in the system, that you will give to them. They can recycle that and sell it.

Back