• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Used Lift Kit??

My_Little_Pony

NAXJA Forum User
I have a buddy with an 89 Laredo (just like mine) and he has a 3" lift on it right now. He is purchasing a brand new 6" lift kit for his rig and is going to just give me his old 3". Now is this a good idea to install a used lift kit? Sorry I am new to this vehicle lifting stuff. I have only lowered vehicles!!

I bought a lift from a friend who had it on his Jeep for maybe 4 months. He didn't off road much with it, so it sits like it did new. Since it's free, you don't have anything to lose. If it doesn't work (which I don't know why it wouldn't), then you can just take it off.

I am not sure what brand it is. He hasn't taken it off his Jeep yet. He isn't the original owner of the kit, so not sure how much off road use the kit got. It seems to work just fine for him though. He wheels it with no problems, so I figured free couldn't hurt me that bad (unless it falls apart on the freeway).

It probably won't fall apart on the freeway, but like posted above, it 'may' have sagged out a bit over time...

Many 3-3.5" kits with full leafpacks (vs add-a leafs, blocks) give more than advertised out back when new, so :dunno: Maybe want to splurge on a new set of shocks...

I run used junk every chance I get... and the freeer the better IMHO!

if anything fell apart on the freeway with a 3" lift, it would be installer/owner/operators fault.

if u like the way it looks then there will be and shouldnt be any problems. it probably has sagged down to 2 inches if it was 3. If its full leaf packs tho u scored as those generally hold up better than AAL's and blocks, like in my case. IMO, if its free its worth given a shot.

Back