• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ intake conversion onto a 91

XJVenom

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I've done plenty of searches but I cant seem to find much detail on the issues relating to converting a 91-95 XJ with the new style manifold. Everyone who's done it seems to have been upgrading from a 96-98, which has seems to have less issues. Anyway, my XJ is 91. I'm using the new style PS bracket and belt. My previous PS pump adapted to the new style bracket without problems. Now I'm having clearance issues with the belt.

The new style belt i'm using is hitting what looks like a protruding bolt hole just below the water pump pully. Has anyone heard of this or run into this issue?

Thanks for the input,

Venom

Yes, I've checked the diagrams for the routing on the newer styles. The only difference is the belt loops under the water pump from the A/C pully, instead of going from A/C strait to the PS Pump. This is driving me crazy!

Oh, BTW, the piece getting in the way looks like its located on the timing chain cover. Is the timing chain cover different on the 96+ engines?

Back