• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition problems

Neil

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this is what's been replaced: TPS, CPS, O2S, coil, dist. cap, rotor and wires.
Here is the problem: at idle it dies, it may run 3 seconds or 30 minutes, and it starts right back up. At speed (usually 2-3000 rpm) it stumbles. I don't want to have to replace anything that I don't have to right now, but this is driving me crazy. Thanks

I was looking for "check this loose wire or vaccume line" not go spend more money! I think that it is the map but I was just looking for verification. :)

Well, while you're at it, have you unplugged and cleaned and replugged every single electrical connection you can find? My daughter's 87 was doing more or less what yours does, and that cleared it up. The big ugly "C-101" connector on the firewall is one prime suspect, but don't forget the ones down by the ignition and coil.

Thanks, I have cleaned all I could find...Untill I find more :) By the way, Wasn't that "evil connector" fun?!?

Checked the fuel filter and/or fuel pump? I had a problem sort of similar to yours with the 2-3,000 rpm stumble. Mine would run fine until I hammered the throttle,then it would accellerate,then imediately begin to stumble until I let off the gas. Turned out to be a weak electric fuel pump. :dunno:

Oh yea, I forgot I have all new injectors and wiring to them. Also checked the pressure at the fuel rail, seems ok.

There is no such thing as tires that are too big :D I'm working on those gears. Trust me, I'll let you know when I get them ;)

Back