• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCAs.....

Royce

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing them with aftermarket ones. But one of the bolts is seized. I think I may need to melt the thing out. What size do I need to replace it? and are both the upper and lower bolts to moutn the same length. The seized one is the upper mount for the LCA. I figured I would replace all the hardware, I was gonna lay under there and try and measure but does anyone know this off the top of there head?

Royce said:
I am replacing them with aftermarket ones. But one of the bolts is seized. I think I may need to melt the thing out. What size do I need to replace it? and are both the upper and lower bolts to moutn the same length. The seized one is the upper mount for the LCA. I figured I would replace all the hardware, I was gonna lay under there and try and measure but does anyone know this off the top of there head?

I dont know the size of the bolt off hand..

Did you try some PB blaster? a propane torch? Impact wrench?

I know dont take rusted bolt advices from an Arizonen but Try that if you havnet...

BTT for ya.

I just replaced my LCA's and fought with a frozen LCA bolt, I tried everything. I ended up cutting the bolt as close to the bushing on both sides as possible. I used a 5" cut-off disk and it made short work of the otherwise impossible bolt. Be very careful to not cut into the LCA mount as they are quite thin and would be easy to accidentally notch into.
I think the bolt's you are looking for are 14mm X 4 1/2", I replaced mine with a grade 8, 9/16" X 5" with a nyloc nut and it fit great. Good luck!

Thanks Rocky, I have tryed about a can of PB, the BFH for about a half an hour, impact wrench..... and was debating on the cut off tool. I guess it just takes a steady hand. I think I am gonna get my welding buddy to torch it and we should be able to knock it out. I think cutting will be my last result I dont wanna mess up that mount. We are doing it Thursday. Any specific reason not to go with the 9/16" X 5" ? Like you did?

Can/should I lube these bolts up? Or anti sieze ... so this doesnt happen again. They are going in tonight.

I use a sort of copper anti-seize spray on all of my bolts. Works great

Yeah, I used Loctite graphite anti-seize, but only on the bolt body, not the thread. I've had good luck this way for years and would recommend to try it.

Back