• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys over-knuckle kit?

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
fabbing skills are minimal. what do you guys think? and no i'm not asking for a rustys bashing campaign, just thumbs up or thumbs down. thanks
Rockhound

Im looking into the same thing only because I am getting some binding up front, plus you will get more flex without putting the hard parts in danger of breaking (ie. joints, bolts and Hiems)

The concept is not bad, but I don't like the extra stress on the passenger side knuckle. That is a lot of leaverage form the drag link, when yo use the spacers like he has.

Depending upon your lift 4-7.5", you should consider the Currie. I feel, for a bolt on solution, would be alot better.

With any OTK solution, you have to relocate the TB mount. This sounds easy, but it does require some fab skills. Which you said you were not strong in.

I'm doing a custom OTK of the OEM style, Goatman has some pictures of it. Search for steering and my name of Goatman's and you find the pictures.

My Brother XMan has Rusty's Kit on his 98 XJ and has had no problems, seems to flex nicely and is holding up fine. thunbs up here
He's ran it for about a year now, He's done Moab 3 times and California Trails since
XJ_dude

thumbs down just for the reason they are very hard to align and they seem to have just as much bump steer as with a drop pitman

his newer otk kit i WAY beefier than that tie rod conversion kit (welds are better too). i ran the tie rod conv. for about a year, and i hated it(too much bumpsteer at my lift height due to the tie rod rotating). but i had some credit with rusty and steering being my most immediate concern, got the new otk. i too am a little concerned about the stress on the pass. knuckle... that and the heim quality would be my only question marks here. i'm getting ready to install it, but with ORGS's track bar axle mount instead of the one rusty sent. i should get to it by next week.

also, you could try the bulletproof steering conversion if you're set on this style. thats the one i was looking at, but i had 350 bucks worth of credit with rusty so...

does anyonehave a link for the currie set-up? i can't find it.

no i'm not set on an OTK arrangement. just my stock is worn out and at 7 3/4
i'd rather do something stronger and out from under my axle. as for welding, one of my good friends has been doing boat towers, t-tops and crazy fencing systems for 17 years. not concerned about the welding. thanks guys
Rockhound

Rockhound said:
does anyonehave a link for the currie set-up? i can't find it.

no i'm not set on an OTK arrangement. just my stock is worn out and at 7 3/4
i'd rather do something stronger and out from under my axle. as for welding, one of my good friends has been doing boat towers, t-tops and crazy fencing systems for 17 years. not concerned about the welding. thanks guys
Rockhound

http://www.currieenterprises.com/heavyDutyTieRods.htm

Back