• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharie 4/26

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Anyone going to be around this weekend? I'll be up there with some locals from here. Staying at Arrowhead Friday and Saturday night!

i would be there but i will be in jail fri & sat nites. working 6pm to 6am need some sleep, may try on sat.

What the hell? Any sugestions on which trails to hit?

daniel, not as hard as it once was now that the rock and root hill has been fixed, falls dam take a rental car for it, slab pile is fun has a good hill, rocky loop about the same, dutch john and dickey bell very good for the trails. some trails are marked atv only on 1 end but i think all the trails are open to 4x4s.
dentention officer/babysitter

ok I get it! Looks like the tenative plan is to do Dickey Bell to Falls Damn, Wolf Den to Slab Pile over to Kodak Rock. And if time permits Daniel. So, am I in for disaster?

Ummm I'd rethink Daniel (going up from the river road)) especially if it rains again...the Ramcharger Crew left some pretty woggled out holes up there. Going down (from the double parking lot/Rocky Mt Loop) ought to be fun

The only 'atv only' portion I know of is at Dicky Bell from where it crosses Green Gap Road down through the creek towards Falls Dam. It is supposedly do-able, but don't let Ranger Friendly catch ya down there (and he was on patrol last weekend)

you can run all the trails in one day with no thouble.
i have run them all in stock 4x4s, s-15 jimmy, 99 tj, and now the best 1 yet 98 xj stock with no trouble, but have a hilift or winch just in case. also you can go I85 to salisbury, innes st 1st exit turn rt then about 150-200 yards turn left on sherrills ford rd follow it all the way to 49 turn left go to 109 turn right past Eldorado Outpost turn right on paved road right on dirt see signs.

sorry ghost, i have drain bamage i mean brain fart
it is stokes ferry not sherrills ford
you can go I85 to salisbury, innes st 1st exit turn rt then about 150-200 yards turn left on stokes ferry rd follow it all the way to 49 turn left go to 109 turn right past Eldorado Outpost turn right on paved road right on dirt see signs.

"sorry ghost, i have drain bamage"

Ummm...although he'd surely love a tour of NC's famous I85 construction zones, Ghost is coming UP from Darlington SC area.

Lets see...20W to Columbia, I77N to Charlotte, I85N to 109S and there he is...6 or 7 hours later :)

No Ghost takes the shortest route! Due North SC 109 I believe!!!!!! Should have 2 or more CJ's 2 XJ's and 1 YJ that I know of! I heard that its Rover weekend or something up there this weekend! I also see where there is a forcast for Rain! All weekend long! And me with Used 31" Mudders that use to be on Ga Mikes Jeep!

like i said drain bamage, but 49 from charlotte as a lot of road work in cabarrus co. I85 southern cabarrus co and rowan co in salisbury. not I85 to 109, I85 to salisbury out stokes ferry to 49 at tuckertown the twin tall briges. 109 up is better.
also i assumed it was ghost that said I85 was his way up but it was Georgia Mike, sorry for the drain bamage.

rover recovery xj to the rescue!

Last edited:
Back