• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrecking Yards??

If John can't help you, you might want to try Meridian Auto Wrecking in Puyallup. I was there yesterday and they have a pretty decent selection of XJ's right now. They're at 200th and Meridian.

If you're looking for cheap parts like me, go to Pull-A-Part. Closest one to you would be in Lakewood 253-588-1775. They also have lots in Lynnwood 425-778-3147 and S. Everett 425-355-7278. Over the phone, they can only tell you the year and models they have. Hours are 9-7 every day. Well they are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Costs a buck to get in. Meridian is good if you're desparate. They charged me $60 for a trailer hitch and I later picked up one at Pull-A-Part for $8.50.

PaulJ said:
Meridian is good if you're desparate. They charged me $60 for a trailer hitch and I later picked up one at Pull-A-Part for $8.50.

Meridian is good if you're a negotiator.

They're particularly good for small pieces like exterior and interior trim. I haven't paid for any items like that. They usually just wave and say buy an engine or an axle next time and wink. It's saved me countless dollars and it's been completely at their choosing.

When I first arrive I go to the counter and tell them what I'm looking for. I always nail down a price before going out to the yard and have yet to be disapointed AFTER spending time getting something off the rig.

Haunted????? Sweet, like ghosts and goblins!!! Alright I have only lived in Washington for 23 years now, so will someone please let me know where Lakewood is? Is that north or south of Renton?

My_Little_Pony said:
Haunted????? Sweet, like ghosts and goblins!!! Alright I have only lived in Washington for 23 years now, so will someone please let me know where Lakewood is? Is that north or south of Renton?

Lakewood is on the south end of Tacoma. The PAP is on the north end of McChord AFB on 112th Street. The street parallels highway 512 and you can take the South Tacoma Way exit from I-5.

Yep, it's self-service only and with your tools. They don't allow jacks or torches but if you really need a jack you can sometimes find one that they forgot to remove from a vehicle. I've used a cordless drill and they didn't seem to have a problem with that. You'll need the drill to drill out the rivets for the door lock actuator and power window regulator.

I went out to the PaP in Lakewood last week and they had a very poor selection of XJs. Three to be exact if you count carcasses. :bawl:

They won't have what you want most likely. Save your buck and try another place.

(born and raised in Lakewood...aka Fakehood)

Sorry for bringing up a really old thread but I had a question. You said one of the places doesn't allow jacks. Why is that, what if you need an axle or something of the sort?

- Kevin

Sometimes you can find a jack that they forgot to remove from a vehicle; otherwise, you have to get creative. I think they will lift things with their forklift at pull-a-part if you're willing to pay for the service.

SeattleXJ said:
I went out to the PaP in Lakewood last week and they had a very poor selection of XJs. Three to be exact if you count carcasses. :bawl:

They won't have what you want most likely. Save your buck and try another place.

(born and raised in Lakewood...aka Fakehood)
I live in Everett and go to PaP all the time. You can get a 1 Year pass for $25.00 that will get you into all the PaP's without having to a buck each time. XJ selection is limited, but usually have about 3-5 in the yard at any givin time. It is a hit and miss you just have to visit often and perferably in the morning. Good luck.

verrive said:
Sorry for bringing up a really old thread but I had a question. You said one of the places doesn't allow jacks. Why is that, what if you need an axle or something of the sort?

- Kevin
Most of the vehicles are already raised up with the body or frame sitting on welded together rims. Fairly safe but use your own judgment before crawling under. Shake the living S*** out of the vehicle before diving under.

Back