• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleaning Black exterior plastic

Scott Williams

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
What have you all used successfully to clean that black plastic on the bumpers and side trim of sport models? It's starting to get faded looking.
TIA

I've actually been thinking about either painting mine with black bumper paint or taking it off.

I´ve used the wax with the color mixed in, covers small scratches, works well on window rubber and plastic pieces. Two or three applications a year seems to work most times.

93GRNXJ said:
I use Amorall or you could use 404 protectant, stuff like that works well. Amorall works soo well its amazing
nate
I think you mean a 303 protectant... it even has UV protection. I got mine from a boating supply company, if it is being sold there, you know it will be generally safe for your Jeep, especially made/sold for such an extreme environment such as a marine environment. Nice clean and shiney look, no gloss, I think gloss=greasy enhances the sun damage to the trim and dash. If it is like grease it will hold and absorb lots of heat, and therefore hastens the damage to the plastics. Now I need to finish up this week, man, what a difference, my Jeep looks better than new, I applied it to all the plastic trim, roof rack, windsheild wipers, plastic housing for my outside mirrors, rearview mirror, and etc.

Go to here for your free sample: http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

In any case, for your faded outside trim... I used a more permanent solution. I got myself a Krylon paint called Fusion used for plastic, no primer needed, but be sure to have a nice clean greaseless surface before shooting with paint. I just shot my driver side trim and rear bumper caps with it and it looks a 1000x better. :viking:

Dunno about Armor all, if it is anything like with silicone based protection sprays... I'd stay away from them, because after it rains, the stuff runs down all over the place. It looks like a big giant dog just peed all over my Jeep. :tear:

Back