• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 1990 Limited XJ FS

iispms

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I am gonna buy a Unlimited, so I have to get rid of the XJ.

I will post pictures tomorrow, but this is what I have:

1990 Limited
127,xxx miles
White in Color
Tan Leather Interior
$6,000

Mods:
35" GY MTR
15x8 Alum Rims
Custom bumpers with rear tirerack
From pin strip down, painted with Sprayon bedliner
4.88 Gears with ARBs (Front and back)
Brand new Ford 8.8 Rear with Disc brakes
Front Half shafts replaced with NEW 297 shafts
RE 5.5" Lift - drop bracket type
231HD xcase out of a YJ
Tom Woods Driveshaft and SYE
JKS Discos
All mods were done last year. It has been wheeled about 4 times since the mods were done.

This is a list of things that need to be done/finished:
-Leak in vacuum hose needs to be found for A/C to work. Compressor and everything works, but the vacuum turns it on.
-Small leak in the windshield frame. I am guessing the seal needs some attention
-Tranny shifts at 2800 RPM no matter if it is floored or not. Tranny works fine otherwise. I think this is vacuum related
-Upper bushings in the axle need to be replaced. This is where the upper control arms bolt to the axle.
-Front Swaybar bushings need to be replaced
-Small leak in xcase. I believe it just needs to be resealed with sealmaker - no cracks or anything
-Headliner (or lack of) needs to be replaced

I think this is all. Don't let the list of things that need to be done scare you, this thing runs great. I have driven it from New Orleans to Houston (last month) without a problem.

Basically everything from the back of the tranny to the ground has been replaced. This excludes ONLY the front axle housing (D30 high pinion) and the front driveshaft. The rear axle was a NEW axle from ford. Front brakes pads, rotors, and calipers were replaced.

When I drove it from to NO to Houston, I got about 15-16 mpg.

Let me know if you are interested.

Chip
[email protected]

I have pictures now.

Please email me and I will send them to you.

The Jeep is located in Houston, Tx.

[email protected]

Back