• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37" MT/R's are on!

GottaBeJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got them and my new Bling Bling wheels mounted today. Guess I need to change my sig.

100_0042.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0037.jpg

100_0038.jpg

100_0040.jpg

nice, time for more fender trimming!

sweet bumpers!!! j/k looks good man, you'll love those tires, i know i did!

Thanks guys. Yep, axles are D30 and 29 spline 8.25 with stock gears right now. Should get my 8.8 in the next week or so. I'll be taking it over to a buddies shop to take the forklift to it to measure out my trimming, bumpstops and limiting straps. Bumpers are almost done. Here are some pics of the front bumper:

000_0008.jpg

000_0009.jpg

Where did you buy those from? Not to be rude, but how much for wheels and tires?
BTW looks nice, thats pretty much they way I want to go with my Comanche.

Axle plans? Or is it when it breaks I'll....

Also can you get some bigger pics? I need wallpaper :wave1:

Last edited:
onetallmj said:
Where did you buy those from? Not to be rude, but how much for wheels and tires?
BTW looks nice, thats pretty much they way I want to go with my Comanche.

Tirerack.com is the cheapest place I've seen 37" MTRs for $179.

so your going to run 37's on the stock 30?

wow. Keep us posted on what your are going to upgrade if your going to run it and how it will hold up.

The D30 will be fine for now. Two good friends of mine have been running 37's on their XJ and TJ with locked D30's, and once in awhile, they break a shaft, but not as often as one would expect if they knew how much these guys beat the piss out of their rigs. I do plan on putting an 8.8 in the back in the next month. I bought the tires from a friend who moved up to 39" Iroks. The tires have a little trail wear, but they were on a trail only rig that was trailored, so it has very little road wear, so they have atleast 85% tread. My rig isn't completely ready for 37's, but 5 37" MT/R's for $550 was hard to pass up. I got the wheels from a company I found on EBay. They are 15x8" Eagle 186's with 3 1/4" Back Spacing. I got five of them brand new with center caps, lug nuts, and chrome valve stems shipped for $475.
My XJ was already trimmed for the 34's I had, but yes, that is trim molding around the edges. The front will need very little trimming, but the rear is going to need some reconstructive surgery.
The front bumper is not a Rigid brand. It is the Monitor Front Bumper that I build (www.rocklizardfabrications.com) and is in the final stages of the prototype phase.

don't you think you'd run into problems putting such a big wheel on a small axle flange?

the 5 x 4.5 is definately not as strong as say a 6 x 5.5 or such. How hard to you wheel ? mainly rocks? mainly mud? I've seen axle flanges break rather easily at that too.

at some point trying to keep the 30 to keep working sounds like too much. It ain't meant to run 37's. good friend is ditching his cuz his 36's are too much abuse for it.

GottaBeJeep said:
The D30 will be fine for now. Two good friends of mine have been running 37's on their XJ and TJ with locked D30's, and once in awhile, they break a shaft, but not as often as one would expect if they knew how much these guys beat the piss out of their rigs.

Where do you live and what kind of trails do you run?

Here are a few pics of those two friends I mentioned that are running 37's on locked D30's and 8.8 rears.

Alex

Kansas (Tutle Creek)
Alexledge1.JPG

Moab, UT (Killer Kane)
P1010004.JPG

Jen

kk35.JPG

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Where's the forum police to say that this is in the wrong forum? :lecture: Personally, I could care less, but some people will bitch. Looks good, bring that rig to NAC and give it a run.

Back