• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 case with Hack-N-Tap, 21 spline. Vancouver, Washington

NitroRC Ed

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 231 from about an 95 Wrangler. Not 100% on that but that is what I was told.

21 Spline Input
Brand New Rubicon Express Hack-N-Tap
Front Strap style yoke.

The Hack-N-Tap has no use - was put on and then I changed my mine.

Thinking around $225 OBO. Don't really want to ship if possible.

tcase_1.JPG

Check http://www.nitrorc.com/ed/Content/tcase.asp for more pictures and info.

Thanks,
Ed

If nothing works, and your willing to see just the hack n tap, i'll buy that. Lemme know. Thanks.

mission-inc
Will keep that in mind. Was hoping to sell it complete if possible.

Price to high? Was not sure where to start but it does say 'or best offer' :wave1:

Need to get this out of here.

Thanks for looking,
Ed

If it falls through I'll give you 80 + shipping for the hack n tap. You don't have to include the tap or drill bit that (i think) is included in the kit. I understand that you want to sell it complete, and that makes perfect sense, but if it doens't work out, gimme a hollar.

NitroRC Ed said:
Have a 231 from about an 95 Wrangler. Not 100% on that but that is what I was told.

21 Spline Input
Brand New Rubicon Express Hack-N-Tap
Front Strap style yoke.

The Hack-N-Tap has no use - was put on and then I changed my mine.

Thinking around $225 OBO. Don't really want to ship if possible.

tcase_1.JPG

Check http://www.nitrorc.com/ed/Content/tcase.asp for more pictures and info.

Thanks,
Ed
is this the same t-case that can be found under the XJ's? i have a 94 XJ with a 231, but i am looking for a SYE kit. I live in anchorage, but will be in rochester/chehalis (my parents live/work there) on may 27. do you how many different types of splines came on the 231 that year? i could use this in the future on my XJ.

ASJackman said:
is this the same t-case that can be found under the XJ's? i have a 94 XJ with a 231, but i am looking for a SYE kit. I live in anchorage, but will be in rochester/chehalis (my parents live/work there) on may 27. do you how many different types of splines came on the 231 that year? i could use this in the future on my XJ.

I had this in my 84 XJ. They only came in 21 and 23 spline input shafts.

Not sure if this helps or not...

Ed

This particular SYE kit is for pre 97 (or maybe 96) jeeps only. There is another kit for post 96 jeeps that's cheaper (when bought new). I don't know about different splines on the same transfer case within the same year-periods (i think all np231's are the same, and all the 242's are the same).

If someone wants this I can ship - but the buyer pays for shipping. I have not shipped something this large so I am not sure what it would cost. I know that it was about $40 or so with UPS when I got it.

Ed

bigpimpinben
As far as what size of lift to use one with - I have heard of people using them at 5 and up but have also seen people that do not use them on those amounts of lift. The hack-n-tap is a cheap way to get a slip yoke kit on the back of a transfer case. What this does is enable you to not have a slip yoke on the back of your case. With this type of slip yoke eliminator (or any other for that matter) you can change over to a CV style driveshaft which reduces the operating angles of the u-joints and helps to get rid of any driveline vibes you may have.

Yucca-Man has a nice page with descriptions and pictures if you want to check it out. This one is not the same year but you can get the general idea.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/sye.html Hope it is ok to link to his page.......

Hope this helps you out,
Ed

Hey Ed - I was thinking about it and if your willing to pull the hack n tap along with the shaft, I can probably get a new shaft that you can replace the old one with (in the transfer case). That way you can sell the hack n tap and the t case seperately. I dunno, only if you want too. I'll still wait for you to see if you can sell it as it is right now. :us:

mission-inc said:
Hey Ed - I was thinking about it and if your willing to pull the hack n tap along with the shaft, I can probably get a new shaft that you can replace the old one with (in the transfer case). That way you can sell the hack n tap and the t case seperately. I dunno, only if you want too. I'll still wait for you to see if you can sell it as it is right now. :us:

Want to give it a little longer - just in case. If not I will probably sell just the hacn-n-tap. Have never taken a t-case apart so it may be fun :looney:

Thanks,
Ed

Alright sounds good. I'll be waitin.

I've never taken one apart either, it'll be an adventure. :woohoo:

Back