• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More spring questions - and results

Spudboy

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to Eagle for the advice in my earlier question about spring bushings. I got the replacement springs in on Saturday and it all worked out well. As a bonus, once I got the springs cleaned up a little, it turned out they were the "country" springs so I'm now 1 1/2 inches higher in the back than I was on Friday. Not much, but a noticeable change. One thing I learned is to loosen the lower shackle bolt before one gets the springs off the the Jeep. :doh:

Now the next question. As part of the purchase I also got the front springs so I'm planning to put them on next weekend. Are the upper and lower control arms and the trackbar the same for the standard set-up and country option? I can get those, but don't have a burning desire unless I need to. Also, how about shocks? I have some fairly new shocks on there now - should I be looking for longer ones? Anything else I need to be paying attention to?

Thanks again

if your going up an 1 1/2, your track bar, shocks and control arms should be ok. if you bottom out your shocks, you could extend the bump stops.

Track bar and control arms are the same from "standard" to Up Country. Up Country shocks have a different part number, but I don't know if that's because they are longer or because they are gas pressurized. Neither Monroe nor Gabriel lsust a different shock for Up Country, and Monroe's engineers tell me that stock length shocks are good for up through a 2" lift, so I think you'll be fine.

Back