• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlas shifter question....

Art Triggs

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my new Atlas bolted up to stay after a couple of trial fits, :clap: got the shifter lengths where they are comfortable, but have some little things to resolve, most pretty simple (4wd swith, vss rotation, driveshafts ;-)), one question is, even though the shift "tower" is attached as tight as I can make it,(to the case) it still can rotate a little on the allthread it's mounted on, obviously it shouldnt, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did to get the "tower" (shifter bracket) to stay put..... :helpme:

Thanks!

Hmmm, that's strange. I just torqued down hard on the 3/4" nut. Is the back of the nut knurled? Did the shifter tower extention tube fit tightly on the shifter rail housing?

Jes

You need to make sure the tube is bottom out on the mounting housing. A lot of times it will build up some of the aluminum as it goes on and will not bottom out correctly. Then as Jes said tighten it and it should be good to go. Now if you are trying to move it, it will move, but during normal shifting it will not.

mark

Last edited:
Back