• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for leaf spring perches?

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need a pair of spring perches to weld onto a Dana 35. Mopar Performance Catalog has them but only for a 3" axle. The Dana 35 tubes are smaller. Anybody got a source for perches sized to fit the D35?

rubicon express has there anti-wrap perches. about 30$ a set. I put them on every axle I build. they give about 1/2" of lift also...

Mark WNC said:
Try M.O.R.E., thats where I got mine for the exploder axle.

Yes, they have a set sized for the D35 -- for $45/pair. Why are theirs $45 when Mopar Performance pads (wrong size, though) are $10/pair? I can't afford to spend $45 for a $10 pair of perches.

eagle.....

you can go ahead and use a perch made for a 3" tube.....

its quite alright, you still need to weld them, and the "saddle" fit will be plenty.....

trust me...

Rawbrown said:
rubicon express has there anti-wrap perches. about 30$ a set. I put them on every axle I build. they give about 1/2" of lift also...

Don't want or need anti-wrap, and this is for an MJ so that would be a 1/2" drop, not a 1/2" lift. And their OEM-type are described as Mopar style, which means they are sized for a 3" tube. They don't say what size tube the others are sized for. Thanks, but not helpful.

Any other suggestions? Anyone? Stock spring perches have to exist, don't they?

(No, not available through DCX -- Talked to my parts guru today.)

mad maXJ said:
get the perches for 3" tubes and weld them on, they'll be fine. if it's that big a deal, just spend 5 minutes with a grinder to decrease the radius.

i make all my perches out of box tube, it's cheap and easy

yeah, I was trying to tell him that, but the only threads of mine he pays attention to are the ones he wants to delete.

unless............

UNLESS EAGLE HAS ME ON HIS IGNORE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

eagle???????

can you read me?

Beezil said:
yeah, I was trying to tell him that, but the only threads of mine he pays attention to are the ones he wants to delete.

unless............

UNLESS EAGLE HAS ME ON HIS IGNORE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

eagle???????

can you read me?

What's an ignore list?

I can't read you, Beezil, I'm too busy ignoring you.

I'm not a welder. Looks to me like at the outer ends if I use the 3" size perches from Mopar I'll have about a 1/8" gap to make up. Can that big a gap be filled in with weld material?

Beezil said:

Like any sane human being, I want to delete all of your posts. Instead of harrassing me, you should be congratulating me on my incredible displays of self-restraint. :cheers:

BajaCherokee92 said:
Are you serious? :scared:

Of course I'm serious. I told you -- I'm not a welder.

I like MORE pads better than RE pads, but had no real issues with the RE

I've heard most any place that sells trailer stuff has spring pads for most any axle diameter, but a good welder can work with what ya bring.

Eagle said:
Of course I'm serious. I told you -- I'm not a welder.

Do you have a torch? I used some 2.5" box tube for my leaf perches and the u-bolt as a guide. It also allows me to get a little lift or not.

Eagle said:
What's an ignore list?

I can't read you, Beezil, I'm too busy ignoring you.

I'm not a welder. Looks to me like at the outer ends if I use the 3" size perches from Mopar I'll have about a 1/8" gap to make up. Can that big a gap be filled in with weld material?

absolutly.....

you'll be fine......

if the 3" perches are the only ones you can find easily, then my all means, grab them.

the perch will touch the tube from the midpoint, and the gap will widen from a wee sliver to an eigth toward the ends, but there really is no "gap" to fill, if the welder starts at the midpoint and works toward the ends, the bead will flow against the bead, and into the minimal space. welding the backside of the previous weld will be very easy.....NO gap what-so-ever.

Beezil said:
absolutly.....

you'll be fine......

if the 3" perches are the only ones you can find easily, then my all means, grab them.

the perch will touch the tube from the midpoint, and the gap will widen from a wee sliver to an eigth toward the ends, but there really is no "gap" to fill, if the welder starts at the midpoint and works toward the ends, the bead will flow against the bead, and into the minimal space. welding the backside of the previous weld will be very easy.....NO gap what-so-ever.

That's what I was hoping. Thanks. Of course, the welder will be me -- this will be my first attempt with my new toy, so I have my fingers crossed.

Just ordered them from the dealer. The Performance Catalog shows a pair, and the parts listing says "kit," so I'm hoping it's a pair. The price is SOOOOO low, though, that I won't even post it here. Even if it's per each, it's less than half what the "name" 4x4 suppliers are getting. If it is per pair, as we think it is, it's amazing.

Anyone who needs these things, call your local dealer and get a price on part number P4120074.

Back