• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where did you mount your ARB solenoids?

What Rd

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be installing my OBA over the next few evenings, and was wondering where you guys running one or two ARBs mounted your solenoids. Apart from keeping them inside and away from the elements, is there anything in particular I should watch out for or keep in mind?
Thanx!

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
I'll be installing my OBA over the next few evenings, and was wondering where you guys running one or two ARBs mounted your solenoids. Apart from keeping them inside and away from the elements, is there anything in particular I should watch out for or keep in mind?
Thanx!

Mounted mine under the hood, in front of the pressure bottle. The elements and heat do not seam to bother them.

Rev

Thanx, Rev. I don't recall - are you running one or two?

Anyone else?

On both my '92 and '98 I installed them on the ARB compressor and mounted that to the left of the brake booster. On the '98 I had to remove the ABS pump though. Jeff

My compressor is inside of the Jeep where the spare tire was. I have a Quick Air 2. I mounted the solinoid behind the plastic cover behind where the spare tire went. I don't recommend it though as it is a PITA for service. You can really mount them anywhere. Heat wouldn't be the best thing for them but they are likely robust enough to take it. Just mount them somewhere they won't be subject to physical abuse and I think you'll be all set.

HTH,
B-loose

That's what I needed to know.
Thanx guys.

Back