• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who can figure this out?

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I am having a problem with my 97 XJ 4.0 where I go to step on the gas from a stop or from driving very slow and it hardly does anything...kinda like it's not getting anything...then it "catches" go forward and then sputters (kinda like learning to drive a stick for the first time) then is fine at faster speeds. I have replaced both o2 sensors, cat, air-filter, muffler, plugs, wires...but I have not had a full-tune up done with timing and whatever else may be needed.

Does anyone have any ideas on this at all. It has 72,000 miles on it.

Thanks,

Chris

Yep, more than likely you're low on tranny fluid. Either that or your tranny is going out. Go out and drive around a bit, warm up the tranny and then check the fluid. I'd bet a schmoke and a pancake that you're low on fluid.

Kevin

Well, I forgot to mention that the check engine light came on forever and I didn't check the codes yet, but I changed the oxygen sensors. It went away and then came back after like 30 minutes. I am going to find someone who can check my codes for me and see what they say. So it could be the TPS.

I will check them and let you all know.

Chris

Back