• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head count for LCIR 4/30-5/2

wolfheartak

NAXJA Member #715
Ok, just a reminder that we're headed to LCIR next weekend (April 30 to May 2) for anyone who would like to come along. We'll be showing up Friday night (The gate is open until 10pm) and leaving sometime on Sunday. Please reply or send me a pm if you plan to come, and which days too, so we know to be expecting you. Just trying to get a head count. See you there!!

We'll be leaving the campground no later than 9am each day (for those of you who have time-keeping challenges -like myself for one- please plan accordingly). The gate opens at 8am for those of you who aren't camping. CB channel 4.

This is NOT an official run!

-Marisha

Last edited:
I don't know now....Jeeezzz, I just found out its NOTNOT an official run!! Does that make it kinda illegal? :eyes: Just kidding....Okay...I will be there Sat. only. No bro from Pheonix.....too bad...

Rick

Not illegal, just in case that might be an issue with anyone (Don't know who, but just in case)
:)
-Marisha

what type of trails can be expected? I have done evreything in anza borrego but nothing on the reservation. is body damage to be expected?

john said:
what type of trails can be expected? I have done evreything in anza borrego but nothing on the reservation. is body damage to be expected?

Only if you're stupid about where you go and the lines you take. I have been out there many times (most of them stock) and mostly I've just gotten desert pinstriping. If you don't have rock rails you might catch a rocker panel, but otherwise know your limitations and take the bypass if need be. Don't worry, you'll be fine - it's not Johnson Valley. :)

-Marisha

Craig Wood said:
Sorry, but I won't be able to attend. A car hit me on my bike and I broke my shoulder blade. Have a good time!!

Ouch, sorry about that. :( Hope you get better soon!

Well..I've decided to go to LCIR this weekend (Saturday only). See you at the gate at 9 am

also definate maybe for one of the days. my Girlfriend just got a XJ on monday. Its a 92' with a RE 4" superflex, 31" bFG mTs , super nerfs and tomken bumpers with recovery points front and rear. It has no skids or lockers though and she hasn't done any real offroading before so she isn't down for anything to challenging. I haven't decided if I'll take my YJ too. The only CB we have is a walkie talkie so I don't know how functional it'll be. She has a recovery strap, 1st aid kit, fire extinguisher, hilift and full size spare. She'll probably only want to go as far as the stock rigs can go. Do you think this would be a good 1st trip? Is LC still $16 for the day?

The day cost is $15 the last time I was out there, don't know how much to camp though.

This would ba a great first trip for her. I have been out there many times stock, and have yet to go with my locker. (I have NO lift, 235's, rockrails and a couple of skids and I've done just fine) If your radio craps out on you, we've got some FRS radios so you can keep in touch with at least a couple of us.

Hope to see you there! :)

-Marisha

Marisha do you have a link for directions?

Stock rigs have no problem here. There are plenty of options as far as bi-pass road etc. It sounds as though her rig won't cause any problems...and Marisha can prove to her that gender has nothing to do with it!!
I'll be there on Saturday...you should try to make it out then.
Rick

Thats very reasuring . She has a little nervous tension due to the body damage my YJ recieved last time I was out there. We'll try our best to go on saturday. Will we meet up at the place you pay for the trail ride. also directions would be nice, the only time I went was with the San Diego Rough Riders and I don't know the way on my own. We would be coming from downtown san diego. I seriously can't wait to see how her XJ does offroad.

It will make you sell your YJ the day you get back!!
And don't give us any of your 'I'll see if I can make it crud!!!' Just get your butts out there on Saturday...
Ya' gotta learn how to make commitments!! :laugh:
C'ya there! :wave: (isn't he the cutest?)

Back