• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine running rough

hammer61

NAXJA Forum User
have a 98 grand cherokee that recently started running real rough. have replaced rotor, cap, plugs and wires. also, changed rear pcv valve, but motor still running rough and at times loping when idling. any suggestions.......

Last edited:
Did it start running rough after changing the spark plug wires? A swapped wire can cause it to run rough, but mostly OK.

Is the miss only at low speeds or at all speeds? If only at low speeds, check for a vacuum leak. If all speeds, check for a bad injector or ignition issues.

It started before the tune up ..it was weird ran normal then started it up and it ran real ruff and had an exhaust leak in the manifold I fixed the leak and did the tune up and it is still the same / No lights came on on the dash but I am still going to see if I can get the codes pulled / It seems like it is running rich and missing Is there a way to check the tps/mapand other sensors with out a scanner ?

Back