• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Books on suspension design

Inisadow

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I've been getting interested in baja, and dirt track 4wheel drive style truck racing. If you guys could give me some good books to look for on theory and design of high speed off road racing suspension I would really appreciate it. Also any general suspension theory books would be usefull. I have a lot of time on my hands to research but dont have the money to go and buy every book out there :)

Also I've been looking all over the net have had a really hard time finding info. Any places you could point me would be appreciated.

Do a search on this forum for "wishbone" or "4 link" and there should be some good info XJ specific. I know OneTonXJ and Beezil have threads up about suspension.

Go over to PBB and search for "Gods of suspension" and "Links for Dummies" These threads are extremly good but are not really vehicle related. The info learned can be adapted to any vehicle.

AARON

I have searched....I've read the wishbone suspension threads, gods of suspension and links for dummies, thats not what I'm looking for

what are you looking for then?

there have been tons of great threads about suspension. there are alot of very knowledgable people on the this board.

"Race Car Vehicle Dynamics" by Milliken and Milliken, SAE Press.

Try to borrow a copy before ordering - it may not be what you want and it is quite expensive ($100+).

r@m

Back