• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new bumper

mark91xjbeef

NAXJA Forum User
f901ea36.jpg

i finally got around to finishing my front fenders and front bumper. the bumper also serves as the air tank for my oba. tell me what you think. i will take pics of the fenders tommorow.

It looks as if it was built for a wrangler... It still looks good just not used to the style... You may be on to somthing though... My question is why did you decide to use the bumper as a air tank? seams scary to me being up front..

XTrmXJ said:
It looks as if it was built for a wrangler... It still looks good just not used to the style... You may be on to somthing though... My question is why did you decide to use the bumper as a air tank? seams scary to me being up front..

i hate hearing this! grrrr!

okay, no it's cool, i remember when i used to think this would be dangerous

the air in a normal air compressor system is at 125-150 psi, that is nothing in the world of compressed gasses. if that bumper were to get hit hard enough to tear the metal, you would hear a "whoosh" and that would be it.

my rear bumper is an air-tank

Well, Im just used to hearing everyone useing there rear bumper as a ac tank instead of the front... I think just in the mind set that it would be safer in the rear..

f8e90ed6.jpg.thumb.jpg

this is where the round tubing wraps around and lines the fender. the tube is welded to the fender and then a little magic bondo for the curves. i like how it came out it is a lot stronger.

What about your approach angle?Got any sideview pics?

Back