• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockrite with a Auto

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
I just moved the 8.8 w/a lockrite from my 91 5 speed over to my 2000 auto. I was going for a ARB for the 2000 as soon as I sold the 91 because the lockrite was especially a pain in parking lots. With the auto I don't get the jumping and lurching that I did with the 5 speed. I am assuming that the auto is obsorbing it. I'm considering not spending the money to replace it but I wanted to know if the lockrite would be hard on the auto in the long run.

I had a lock-Right behind an auto for over 130,000 miles,tranny is fine .Lock-right is worn out.
Wayne

i put a new lockright in my Toyota 8" last week and i'm impressed. i heard all the stories of noise and sudden lane changes. i have experienced ZERO bad side-effects, and it is definitely locking up when i want it too. i also have the auto tranny, AW4.

The_Rock said:
I just moved the 8.8 w/a lockrite from my 91 5 speed over to my 2000 auto. I was going for a ARB for the 2000 as soon as I sold the 91 because the lockrite was especially a pain in parking lots. With the auto I don't get the jumping and lurching that I did with the 5 speed. I am assuming that the auto is obsorbing it. I'm considering not spending the money to replace it but I wanted to know if the lockrite would be hard on the auto in the long run.

It will havo no effect whatsoever on your trans. The better manners of the locker are due to the auto trans keeping slight pressure on the driveline/locker, eliminating the driveline slack that causes the worst characteristics of the locker with a stick. The tranny isn't really absorbing anything, it's just much smoother than a stick.

This is all good news since I might keep the Lockrite and forget about the ARB. I've live with it for over a year with the 5 speed and didn't mind it except in parking lots. It's much better with the auto so I could learn to live with it.

I have run A number Of lockrites with auto transmisions and have had no side effects!!! That were not worth it :) 4X4XFAR

Back