• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New roof rack

They should come with the rubber pad but you know how things come up missing.. That rubberising stuff is the best, I use it on everything and I think that it would work great if for all uses

They have some rubber sleeves, but they fall off pretty easy. Be carefull and do not overload that rack. My gutter mounts crumbled after a trip to the Rubicon. I only had my spare tire and a few apre parts. The twisting of my rig loosened up the gutter mounts and they eventually failed. The rack is still good and plan to use it on my wifes XJ.

Just make sure the mounts are tight. The can still be loose, even if you shack your whole XJ by the rack.

So last night I test fit one of the gutter mounts to see where I needed to put the RubberizeIT stuff on. I tightened down the mount and then pulled it off. Well, it put 2 dents in the side of the gutter mount. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions? I know I won't see the dents, but if I can avoid them....

Thx

Back