• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We're off to Cincinnati Monday morning

Scott Mac

NAXJA Member #10
We had planned on spending the next three days in Cinci next week for tests, but we got a call from the program administrator on Friday saying they had scheduled the operation to install Seans chest port on the 29th. This means this is the last day that Steph and Sean will be in this house for 6 months. I'll be down for the tests and operation, but then I'll only be comuting back and forth on weekends.

I'll keep you guys updated.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayer. God Bless and good luck to you all. Hope to see ya' this summer...Later.

Good Luck!! The burnsgang will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers!!

Happy Easter:bunny:

Scott, I live 45 mins north of cincy directly off I75 at the Miamisburg exit (exit 43). If you 3 need anything at all, I can be there rather quickly. My normal email isn't working, you can reach me at [email protected] and I'll give ya my phone # if ya want it.

Sean

You guys are in my thoughts Scott. I live about an hour NW of Cincy, let me know if theres anything I can do. BTW, I'm due to donate blood soon, does Sean have an account? Keep us informed on the little Jeepers condition, best wishes. TC

TC NAXJA Member said:
You guys are in my thoughts Scott. I live about an hour NW of Cincy, let me know if theres anything I can do. BTW, I'm due to donate blood soon, does Sean have an account? Keep us informed on the little Jeepers condition, best wishes. TC

Ditto on the good wishes here as well.

Ummmmm....... at the risk of annoyance and/or inciting to riot, JUST GO AND DONATE! Seriously. According to my vampire S.O. (ass't director for QA at a regional blood bank) directed donations are frequently not good crossmatches.

And even if Sean isn't a good crossmatch or hopefully just plain doesn't need it, someone else CAN use it.

ChiXJeff

Naw Jeff, I don't mean a direct transfusion. I'm a regular donor and the "account" I was talking about is used when people need blood others can donate to the account sorta like credits. For every pint donated a pint is removed from the patients bill. From time to time I don't have someone specifically to donate to I usually just credit it to a local organization. You're right tho about someone needing it, there's more often a shortage than a glut. TC

TC NAXJA Member said:
Naw Jeff, I don't mean a direct transfusion. I'm a regular donor and the "account" I was talking about is used when people need blood others can donate to the account sorta like credits. For every pint donated a pint is removed from the patients bill. From time to time I don't have someone specifically to donate to I usually just credit it to a local organization. You're right tho about someone needing it, there's more often a shortage than a glut. TC

Aha! That's news to me, I'll have to ask da Vampire about that.

That's kind of a nifty little incentive....

ChiXjeff

Back