• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Superflex Joint, Rebuild how often?

JKTXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Those who run RE Superflex joints in their control arms... how often do you rebuild them and replace the polymer race?
JP

Been on the same races top and bottom in my CA's since October of 2002, I've tightened them once in that time, and grease them probably once every 3-5 months. They outlasted the rubber once already, probably go through another set of rubber before I have to worry about the races. HTH

Ary

Oh yeah, I wheel in gritty mud more often than not that likes to get into anything not 100% sealed and wear it out quickly, just for reference...

Yeah, I replace the rubbers all of the time... I am trying RE's new poly ones this go round and see how that works. Thinking of switching axle end UCA bushing to Currie's johhny joint setup, as those rubber bushings get trashed first time I disco the swaybar. I am tired of replacing bushings... As for my superflex joints, they are about 2 years old and still seem tight.... just seems like they should be due by now. ??

I tightened my LCA(large joints) ones for the first time last weekend and they've been on my rig for over 3 years. The uppers and trac bar(small joints) are a different story. I've tighend them four times already and they've been on there less than 2 years.

Jes

There's 55k miles and 3 years on my SuperFlex joints. They get lubed with synthetic grease every oil change. I've never had to tighten them or rebuild them. In fact they are almost as tight as new.

--Matt

Back